brakes dragging and door replacement

baron_von_noah

Well my rear brakes failed inspection, the rotors were below spec and the pads were completely gone, so after replacing my brake pads and rotors this weekend, the brakes were dragging, which I figured was due to the sliding pins being completely locked up, so I took it to a mechanic, he straightened out my pistons (apparently I had put them back at an angle, instead of the X being straight up and down) and unstuck and greased the sliding pins, however it still feels like my brakes are dragging, my car just feels slow. So I'm wondering if this will work itself out in a bit or what, I was gonna replace the calipers too but they're like $100 a piece at auto zone and I hear they're a bitch too install because of the brake lines and such, plus the mechanic said they looked alright.

Also, while my car was parked at home for me to work on my mom decided to back into it and crush my passenger side door, so I'm wondering how hard is it to change out my door?

Thanks guys

If the brakes are dragging the piston may be hanging up in the caliper. Also, why did the mechanic have to mess with them in the first place, the piston shouldn't come out during a brake job.