rim size

moses integra

i want to get bigger rims to set my car up higher from speedbumps and deep puddles but i dont know what the biggest size i can get without messing up the performance in weight and steering and not have it look like those jacked up chevy's on 22'

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
16" with a 205/45 tire.

If you aren't lowered already any wheel will make it look like a 4x4, because stock G2s sit nine feet off the ground.

REDxMAN-_-

i would go with a 16" rim and a 50 series tires it looks the best in my opinion and will get you a little higher then 40 or 45 series tires.

jdean41

Im running 16s with 205 40 16s on about a 2 inch drop and i dont scrub anywhere basically unless i nail a speedbump hard or something

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Wow! Thats just a stupid ass comment!
no...^thats a stupid ass comment...and doesnt help the OP one bit while he did suggest something.

a 16" wheel is about as big as you can go and keep a "clean look", a 17 can be done but you need the right wheel to make it "clean". I take it you are lowered cause you are concerned about puddles and speed bumps. Do you have coilovers?

735e32

Im MEL.
you can get 14's to look nice. im on 14s right now.

but 15's are nice and 16's. no bigger than that.

mattness

no...^thats a stupid ass comment...and doesnt help the OP one bit while he did suggest something.

a 16" wheel is about as big as you can go and keep a "clean look", a 17 can be done but you need the right wheel to make it "clean". I take it you are lowered cause you are concerned about puddles and speed bumps. Do you have coilovers?
telling someone that there ride will look like a 4x4 if your rims are bigger that 16 inch is not only stupid but severly ignorant. I have 2.5 inch lowering springs and 17 inch rims. my wheels arent even tucked and have no cambering issues. stop hating on rims bigger than 16s, Its basically personal taste. go with what you like and stop HATING!

Last edited:

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
telling someone that there ride will look like a 4x4 if your rims are bigger that 16 inch is not only stupid but severly ignorant. I have 2.5 inch lowering springs and 17 inch rims. my wheels arent even tucked and have no cambering issues. stop hating on rims bigger than 16s, Its basically personal taste. go with what you like and stop HATING!

Personal taste yes, but I'd say the majority are with him on his comment. Enjoy your Ford Bronco.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
That looks decent, I guess after rocking 15 and 16's forever I'm just biased, the big rims just make me think of ghetto cars with like 22's, granted i know it's not the same,I just have the same mentality towards a tteg with big ass rims and a crown vic on 22's

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
When it comes to 17"s it's more on the style of the wheel than the size. A flat faced 17" can easily look like ass, something with a little lip can look good. The Carving Lover Souls are perfect, because they don't look like 17"s because of the tall lip and shorter spokes.