Help with radio code

xdcdrifterx

My serial number on my radio is 56162 if anybody works at acura or knows how to get the security code for my radio please let me know what it is! thanks

Target

Acura Tech
your serial number should be longer than that, there should be a sticker on the radio that says serial number, the code itself is usually 5 digits

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
take your radio and registration to the dealer and they should give it to you.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
there is a link on the acura website, there are also 5000 threads about this on here.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
The radio code is 5 digits. Is it possible that the numbers you posted are the code? I have my radio code card sitting right in front of me and serial number looks nothing like that, but the radio code does.

Apollo

You can also check under the cover to your fuse box or on the side of your glove box. When a car is shipped new to a dealer it comes with, among other things, a sticker that has the vehicle's radio code printed on it. When the Acura technician inspects the car before sale, sometimes they put the sticker in either of those two locations.

If you can't find it, there's a guy at Hondatech who can pull codes for pretty much any honda/acura, but you will need the complete serial #

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1726874

All else fails, head to the dealer. Just pull the radio yourself or they'll charge you like $100 for the service. Good luck.