The official Cascade Honda Crew thread.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Civic? That would be another car that I would have to keep up on maintenance lol

SoundEfx

True, but you'll be paying alot less in maintenance for the IS and Teg. That way you'll have more money for performance and other parts for the cars.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
As i been searching(surfing) and window(monitor) shopping, I came to a conclusion that I will not be doing a whole lot of blue accents in my car. It will be subtle blue with other colors involved. And it might not be to anyones liking. But hey, ask me if i care?

Skid has surpassed me and taken over the blue accent theme :whip:. Car is coming together nicely, and glad you got the squeeking to go away. What pads did you get?
In reality, its kind of good. Cus it made me widen my view on color schemes. I been banging my head on it for quite some time now, and I have come to a conclusion. What is it? Wait and see :woot:

Last edited:

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
As i been searching(surfing) and window(monitor) shopping, I came to a conclusion that I will not be doing a whole lot of blue accents in my car. It will be subtle blue with other colors involved. And it might not be to anyones liking. But hey, ask me if i care?

Skid has surpassed me and taken over the blue accent theme :whip:. Car is coming together nicely, and glad you got the squeeking to go away. What pads did you get?
In reality, its kind of good. Cus it made me widen my view on color schemes. I been banging my head on it for quite some time now, and I have come to a conclusion. What is it? Wait and see :woot:
Lol I just got some brakes best replacement ones from O'Reilly. Still have that clinging coming from the front left. I'm gonna check it out today possibly when I put on my intake. I need to get up and get over to my dad's to do that.

Oh by the way, the rear caliper.piston needs to be screwed in before you put the new brake pads in. I tried just prying and it didn't budge. By that time there wasn't enough room to get the pads back out so I had to take the guide pins off and disassemble the whole caliper...

SoundEfx

I bought the cheap brake piston kit thing from harbour freight that both pushes or twists the piston back as the kit has the different 'pin' sizes for different cars.

You could use that or the 'cube' thing that attaches to a drill or something to twist the piston back into place.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
I just used a flat head. It wasn't hard to twist by any means, just woulda been nice to know that ahead of time before I got the new pads stuck in there :lol:

SoundEfx

Then you must have some damn good calipers.
When I tried to use mine, the caliper was like "Fuc you, NO!!!!" lol....

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Then you must have some damn good calipers.
When I tried to use mine, the caliper was like "Fuc you, NO!!!!" lol....
:rolf: yeah, the guide pins were super greased too, nice and easy to push in and out. When I dis the rears on my girls teg was a different story...had to have my dad give me some tricks of the trade to get the things to break loose.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
im going to be ordering my maintenance stuff today and tomorrow.
Im not sure if the oil pan gasket needs to be changed, but I will be checking on it when I do the rad flush.
If I do end up changing the gasket, I will be doing the clutch and steering shaft boot as well. Minus as well, since im under there ;)

Anyone want $20/hr to learn me on how to do major maintenance(timing belt, valve adjustment, clutch, etc)?
I will supply the booze, I mean tools :alcoholic The bad...I don't have a place or a garage to do it at

Let me know 8)

SoundEfx

Damn, I wish I was baller enough to pay someone to teach me stuff.

If you find someone up north, let me know. I'll pay half the fee to join in.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Skid offered, but his dad my reject the offer.

Its better than paying a mechanic to do it for me, without learning me at the same time ;)