Replacing head gasket on B18c1 GSR...

vtecvaz

vtecvaz
Well its seems that I might have a headcasket leak. My car is smoking bad when I first start it up in the morning (white smoke).
I just got this car so I was thinking a whole head casket rebuild kit for the whole head that also comes with new valve seals, IN & EX sides. Get the head resurfaced, New oil pump, new water pump, timing belt and tensioner. I will also have the head washed and depending on how much get a 3 angle valve job.

Am I leaving anything out, besides upgrade to ITR valve train?

I just want to know Im good for a good while. I want to build a B20 block with AEBS sleeved out to a 2.1 liter but take my time doing it in 08. So this head will eventually find its way onto that . In the meantime it will serve as my DD.

Any pointers, or other approach's. Thankyou in advance.

Oh if anybody has ITR valve train used for the el cheapo let me know.

VTECVAZ

posHonda

Are you getting ITR or CTR cams along with the valvetrain? If not theres no need for it. If I remember correctly white smoke means coolant. Never hurts to do a rebulid though.

heykosal

Angkorian
if you have the money you might as well upgrade/replace what you want inside the head while its off...but if you do..like he said get some bigger cams.

vtecvaz

vtecvaz
I know the white smoke means coolant but I believe theres acually a blue hint to it. I believe that the valve stem seals are toast. If it was the rings it would smoke all the time. The smoking is only from a cold start and 10-15 minutes later it clears up. And my oil level is low were I need to stay on top of it and fill it when low.
I ordered them from an acura dealer on ebay for 28 shipped.

heykosal

Angkorian
open up your radiator or peek into the overflow tank and see if there is oil inside or if the coolant is oily.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Just do a compression test to find out for sure. White smoke can also just be condensation. The steam from condensation can also pick up a blueish hue from all the residue and funk built up in the exhaust.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
check the dip stick to see if it looks like chocolate milk