Break Light/Cruise Control/Horn Interrior Lights / Power Door Lock Fuses Keep Blowing

Triplej1414

I have a 1995 Acura Integra and three of my fuses have blown. This is my first post and I don't really know a lot about my car. But I was told to use the forums here to solve any problems. It worked well and thanks everyone for that. But this problem is not answered on here YET. My horn, cruise control, and brake lights are all on one fuse, when that blew I was stuck in park and had to use my key in the shift safety release to go anywhere. And weeks later my interior lights fuse went out. Then following that, just today my power door locks fuse went out. Costs like 65 cents for a fuse so i can keep replacing them as needed.

QUESTION: If it's a shortage, where would the short be at? :2confused

Boxy

Have you recently screwed with any interior wiring in your car? The only thing I can think of is its shorting out 'cause a ground is touching other wires somewhere. But you already knew that haha. As for interior lighting, pull apart your centre console and check around the cig lighter area and places where it could be shorting. Or check the dome light area. Way too many possibilities unless you know of something you might have touched/screwed with.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Do not rip apart the center console... First check the obvious spots like door hinges and trunk hinge area. Look for ripped or damaged wires. Trace the wires as much as you can with your eyes. then pull things apart if nothing is found. Its Really Fun! Good Luck
- Aaron

Triplej1414

I did just put in a 12 in. sub and amp in and I did the wiring myself. But the brake light/cruise control/horn fuse had already been blown before that. I also slid on some ice for 15 feet and took out a fire hydrant. So would I find the short possibly behind the front bumper where my headlight is broken off its mounting tab or around the wiring I put in?
Does it make a difference that I went straight to the battery on the subs power cord?
Could all this be happening because I need a new battery? I was told I need a new one after we checked its power.

I know nothing about cars guys.. please help

Triplej1414

O and I checked the door hinges and trunk hinge area, I didn't really see any visible wires. At this point should I just go to a mechanic?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
well at the door hinge, youll see a rubber sock thing and under that is a bunch of wires. Check the wires at the taillights and follow them towards the front of the car. Labor rates are per hour so to have a mechanic diagnose it may cost you a lot if he cant find it right away.

Triplej1414

Alright guys I really need some help too!
My 1995 acura integra keeps blowing fuses, brake light/cruise control/ horn (x4) & interior lights fuse (x1) & door locks (x1) & power windows (x1)

My horn button has been broken for a long time and used to honk nonstop and REALLY cause me some trouble with other drivers. And so i messed with it to try and fix it. I had the button atleast staying on but making contact, although the horn wasn't honking. I replaced all my fuses, but everytime i click the horn multiple times i blow other fuses, (one of the ones i named)

How do I get my horn back? And find the short? Where should I look?
please help! first car...