coolant on radiator... does rob need a new radiator?

Robstunner

well, for a while now i have been bitching about the stupid Sk2 intake manifold and how i have a slow leak of coolant somewhere on it. well, today i looked over and i saw this on my radiator:

its pretty much coolant on the top where u can see it, throughtout the whole thing. anyone ever seen this? does that mean my radiator is curtains?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Its not that expencive... Can you clean it up and see where the leak is coming from? also see if you can get a different radiator cap, it might not be sealing correctly. Just trying to save you money...

g3teg97

Super Moderator
How many miles are on your teg?

Are you overheating at all?

Are you loosing a lot of coolant?

weksos

the plastic radiators on integras are known to fail.

if you noticed coolant levels dropping or higher operating temperatures, you might want to check for leaks or damage to the radiator.

Robstunner

g3teg97 said:
How many miles are on your teg?

Are you overheating at all?

Are you loosing a lot of coolant?

no overheat.

coolant go's from high mark to low mark in about 1-1.25 months.
im now almost positive its the radiator. which if thats the case i guess i need a new one.

85,ooo miles

g3teg97

Super Moderator
My radiator did the same thing around 100k. We just got another one put in. Replacement radiators aren't too expensive, but now is a great time to get a Koyo or Fluidyne radiator.

Robstunner

hmmm. koyo sounds like it will be around my price range. anything i need to watch out for when buying a RAD?

Robstunner

i found a MISHIMOTO rad that is a good full aluminum one for $169 shipped. but the stock fans wont fit. GRRRRRRRRRRR