timing belt and cam issues..help

tegguy

To make this question really easy..How do you "re-adjust" the intake and exhaust cam without the timing belt on? I took the timing belt off and now the cams are off from tdc about 2 teeth. I heard your suppose to put crank at 90degrees from TDC and manual move the cams. Do i just stick a 12mm socket and crank counter-clockwise. Or....Help!!thanks in advance!!

Black teg

Catch me if you can
Better yet, if you don't know what your doing when it comes to timing belts, DON'T touch it, you'll just end up fucking your engine.

You need to make sure your engine is at TDC on the crank (there is a mark on the belt cover and crank pully). Then you need to make sure the timing marks on the cams are lined up with each other and the arrow with the word up are facing upward, because if they are not, you may bend a valve.

But your the type of customer I like that comes into the shop and says I tryed to do the work myself, but I fucked things up, can you fix it. There are just some things people should not try to do if they just don;t know what to do.