Should I replace my valves?

BlueMistDA

hey
I'm rebuilding my engine and I wanted to know if replacing intake and exhaust valves are needed. If my stock ones are in good condition, would i be okay if building it with CTR pistons, skunk2 titainium retainers and valve springs. Or should i get valves with it too?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
They don't make a big difference in power production in an all motor build, but it wouldn't hurt. I'd change them out if I had the money and was already in there doing other things, like you are. Your talking about changing to aftermarket right? not just replacing with new OEM valves because yours are old.

Last edited:

BlueMistDA

yeah, this is what i have so far in my all motor b16, you think id need anything else? So far i have CTR pistons, GE connecting rods, skunk2 titanium retainers and valve springs and stage1 cams.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
keep the stock ones unless yours are old and shitty but if you want some added power..get over sized valves.

jdmenace

if you have the money you should go ahead and replace everything while you have it torn apart . do it right the first time .

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
yeah, this is what i have so far in my all motor b16, you think id need anything else? So far i have CTR pistons, GE connecting rods, skunk2 titanium retainers and valve springs and stage1 cams.
What compression do those pistons give you? Maybe if you could stand to use a little more you could get an aftermarket head gasket, like Spoon or Mugen, they're good for a 0.2 or so points more compression. And why not throw a Hondata IM gasket on there too. I'd have a Hondata IM gasket on my car right now if we could have found one in time for my build, dammit. heh

BlueMistDA

I think my b16a with CTR pistons will give it a 10.95 CR. I live in california so I want a high enough compression to run 91 octane gas without detonating.