~~New Integra Owner

Cilinyar

I just purchased a 1994 Integra LS. Im not sure exactly what is wrong with it, everything is perfect except for when I am just driving around town at lower RPMs. Then the engine luggs horribly, and the only way that I can get it to stop is to get it up in the high RPMs, or take it on the freeway basically. I have been told that the its something to do with the fuel delivery.

heykosal

Angkorian
Yeah bogging im pretty sure thats what he means by lugging. Are you sure you aren't in just too high(ratio) a gear and just bogging down? What happens if you're in say 2nd gear at like 20 mph and then toe into a little more than 1/2 full throttle? Would your car get up and go...or "luggs horribly?"
Answering these questions would probably net you a better response.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Welcome to CI and the best thing to do is to give the car a complete tune up. Change the oil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, all the basic stuff.

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
at idle does the engine rev up and down? right now my fast idle control valve is acting up and keeps coming loose on me, so at lower RPM's the car kinda goes on its own (under 3k) due to the revving. but sometimes it will just jerk me all around while im on the gas at low rpms. i need to replace the piece.

Cilinyar

What happens if you're in say 2nd gear at like 20 mph and then toe into a little more than 1/2 full throttle? Would your car get up and go...or "luggs horribly?"
If I gave it 1/2 full throttle then it would bog down. Then it would get up and go.

Welcome to CI and the best thing to do is to give the car a complete tune up. Change the oil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, all the basic stuff.
Im planning on doing that this Monday when I get my next paycheck ^^.

at idle does the engine rev up and down? right now my fast idle control valve is acting up and keeps coming loose on me, so at lower RPM's the car kinda goes on its own (under 3k) due to the revving. but sometimes it will just jerk me all around while im on the gas at low rpms. i need to replace the piece.
When I have it idling it doesnt rev up and down much. I would say it may be slightly higher then normal but not very bad.