about swap

glizcrx

i have a 91 integra and i want to put a gsr motor in it. i have the complete gsr so what do i have to do to complete this swap. im not worried about tranny , axles shit like that, i just wanna know since if its a 97 gsr can i just swap the engine , harness and computer from the gsr...what else would i have to do about the wiring , is there anything else thsat i would have to wire...any info would help

glizcrx

yea ill probably end up gettin the conversion to make the integ tranny into a cable clutch.....anyone know about the obd2 goin into a 91 from a 97, thats what i really need to know? please help

glizcrx

engine swap, need answers

i have a 91 integ and im gonna get everything out of a 97 gsr..can i swap everything over like the computer and wiring harness and engine..i dont care bout the tranny and all that, i just need to know what i got to do to put the obd2 into the 91

KaosTheory

DSMER
ok,my 93 gs-r , i had blown the B-17 so i put in a 95 gs-r motor. they old ecu will work along with all the other harness, but you will need new motor mounts. the only isue is that your speedometer will read 5mph slower than what your going once you put in the tranny.

Todd

token ex-mod
do not double post please, i'm merging this thread with your other one that you put in the correct forum

Baldy201

Going from a 91 B18a to a 97 b18c1, you will need the engine of course, the computer and the wiring harness and that is all. your trans will bolt up to the GSR motor, but if you want to use the GSR trans then that works also. You will not have to change the mounts they are all the same.

KaosTheory: It is true that you can use the computer from your OBD1 93 GSR to a OBD1 95 GSR. They are the same computer. In the case for glitzcrx he is going from an OBD0 to and OBD2. All the B series motors have the same mounting points. Please stop spreading stuff that you dont know what you are talking about.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Baldy201 said:
Going from a 91 B18a to a 97 b18c1, you will need the engine of course, the computer and the wiring harness and that is all. your trans will bolt up to the GSR motor, but if you want to use the GSR trans then that works also. You will not have to change the mounts they are all the same.

KaosTheory: It is true that you can use the computer from your OBD1 93 GSR to a OBD1 95 GSR. They are the same computer. In the case for glitzcrx he is going from an OBD0 to and OBD2. All the B series motors have the same mounting points. Please stop spreading stuff that you dont know what you are talking about.
you will have to put in a bunch of stuff if you want to use that GSR tranny. i think its a waste of time to put a Hydro tranny in a Cable tranny car. just get a cable B16 or Cable GSR tranny. itll bolt right up and i dont think you will read any faster or slower with any tranny you put in there. your revs will be different because of the different gear ratios, but thats it

KaosTheory

DSMER
Baldy201 said:

Ok well at the shop I fucking work at we had to get smaller motor mount s due to the fact that the B-18's our a little taller then the one's in the 90-93 models.
Dont belive me check out www.SpeedFetishPerformance.com
dont get schooled bitch.

glizcrx

alright

im not woried about the tranny bullshit.. i just need to know about the ecu crap...so is everyone positive i can do this swap with the engine, wiring harness, and the ecu...will i have to wire anything else or is that it...i cant use the ecu thats in the 91 cuz its not a gsr and its obd-0 so who ever said that i dont think was right..i thought the motor would drop right in, what u talkin bout ill need mounts, there is not even a mount kit to put a b18 in a b18 car....im thinkihn the 91 might have 1 o2 sensor, whats an obd2 have 1 or 2? anything else u guys can think of? thanks everyone for helping..i hope u all get laid tonight