Power Steering Opinion

UberRareDb1

N/A Freak
Hey everyone,im curious and wanted to ask how many people are still running power sterring if they started with it,I thouhgt about taking it out at one point,But i have seen alot of tuners run it in honda tuning etc.Just looking at peoples Opinions on it thats all.

ltrain

i took mine out on my old dc and liked it.... u can only tell when your driving slow and taking turns, u turns 3 point turns etc.. the faster the car is moving the more u wont even notice.

Just take off the belt try it out for a month and if u like it delete it all and if u dont put it back on.

UberRareDb1

N/A Freak
Its a paint to delete,I hear if you dont upgrade to a ed manual rack,Then ill burn up my stock rack in no time.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
that is correct sir. your rack n pinon will be fried because you are with no power steering on a power steering rack n pinon

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
some one correct me if im wrong but if you have the belt off then that means the power steering is inactive. because the crossmember and the rack n pinion is different from power steering to manual, that means you will damage your parts. My friend had his off for about maybe 2-4 months before his rack n pinon was broken.

UberRareDb1

N/A Freak
Thats what i thought,Im gonna just run mine,it doesnt seem to be in the way really IMO.Onyl way to not have to switch rack n pinion is if you use a resevoir to keep circulating the fluid through am i correct??

Also another question while im asking,Does anyone make a front strut bar for the sedan with abs on it??

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The only reason your rack will be damaged is if it's not lubed. Most idiots take all the lines off and leave it dry, then the line holes get dirt in them. Dry and dirty is not how your rack was designed to be.

Look into a breather setup or a looped setup if you want to keep your current rack.

UberRareDb1

N/A Freak
For 75 ill just run PS and call it a day.

And again does anyone make a front strut bar for teg sedans with abs in it??

jsleeper81

my belt was off of my teg when I bought it.
drove for a year like that never any problem.
I am now swicthing to a manual rack this week, got to wait for income tax.
autozone has a new 92-95 civic rack for $229.00 which is not to bad.
I heard that the manual steering rack from a civic has a different ration so is am also adding a qualife kit which is more for auto cross and drifters so the ration should be better.
which ever is good for you it is you ride

D-MART90DA9

MY CAR IS A AUTOBOT
you dont want to use a civic rack be cause the turning radius is a lil diffrent its like a extra full turn lock to lock i took mine out and put a 91 crx rack in from the junk yard it fit right in my 90 integra and the turning radius is about the same i havent noticed any thing diffrent all i didnt was replace the inner tire rods and the rack cost me 40 bucks

mirrorimg

my belt was off of my teg when I bought it.
drove for a year like that never any problem.
I am now swicthing to a manual rack this week, got to wait for income tax.
autozone has a new 92-95 civic rack for $229.00 which is not to bad.
I heard that the manual steering rack from a civic has a different ration so is am also adding a qualife kit which is more for auto cross and drifters so the ration should be better.
which ever is good for you it is you ride

you dont want to use a civic rack be cause the turning radius is a lil diffrent its like a extra full turn lock to lock i took mine out and put a 91 crx rack in from the junk yard it fit right in my 90 integra and the turning radius is about the same i havent noticed any thing diffrent all i didnt was replace the inner tire rods and the rack cost me 40 bucks
It doesnt matter if he decides to run a civic rack because he is adding a quaife kit to it to alter the gearing so it takes less turns of the wheel to rotate the tires fully.