still need Integra help

93dateggy

well as you all know my 93 integra da isnt getting spark

new computer
new main relay
new distributor

STILL nothing it cranks but theres no spark

but i also noticed when i turn the ignition to the "on" position i dont hear the fuel pump kick on

but whats causing it to not spark?

fuses look good

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
jump your fuel pump find the power wire and splice it to a constant power and try it. i think its a yellow and green wire on the fuel pump. your pump may not have power

93dateggy

Where's the fuel pump at? i'm new to Acuras I have a few Civics but not any integras lol, and constant power as to battery or something?

That doesn't explain why its not getting spark though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
make sure ypour getting power, use a test light. changing parts is a poor way 2 fix a car

93dateggy

well i have cash to do whatever with it im jsut going from what people has been suggesting i wish people lived closer im in elyria, 20 minutes west of cleveland ohio

mirrorimg

Fuel pump is located under the rear seat. Very easy to access IMO.

mirrorimg

Oh you have a DA... didnt realize this was in the second gen forum. I dont really know if its the same or not between the two generations.

DumaDa9

No, in order to drop the fuel pump youll have to drop the gas tank. Have you checked your spark plugs & wires?

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Check your pumps wiring, the ground wire may have disconnected. and yes the power wire is yellow/green, and is only accessable by dropping the tank which sux ass. Its the fuel level sensor thats under that cover under the rear seat. Is the ecu, main relay, and distributor used or new? Have you considered a new cap and rotor? You can also check if its really not getting spark by taking out a spark plug and ground it with a screwdriver touching the plug to the block and crank it over and have afriend see if theres a spark jumping. Are you sure its not getting spark? It just might not be getting fuel. and the pump will not turn on if the Main Relay doesn't "click" 3 times when you turn the key to the "On" position.

93dateggy

ya man all new stuff i reeaalyyy dont wanna drop the tank haha bolts will prob rust off lol but ya im posotive its not getting spark i already tried that and it still didnt spark i cant figure it out to save my friggen life lol

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
changing the fuel pump is in't actually that much of a pita, i just did it the other day, I'd rather do that than change my motor mounts again. lol

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I had a similar problem with my db where the fuel pump would not kick on every now and then. Sooner or later it just never came on. Bought a new main relay and bam, never had a problem again.

A fuel problem at least.

Other than leaking gas.

:(