clutch problem or friction plate

hondajaynes37

hey they other day i was burning out..and wen i went to shif into second..and it like reved up wen i did..but my buddies like dude ur tires arnt moving..and iwas like aww..shit..and then right after it like smelt likke wicked clutch..or sumtin..but i looked underneath right after and it was smoking alil bit and soo i drove off..and the presser of the clutch pedel was diff by a lil bit..and then i drove it home and wen i got home it really didnt work...at all. like wen i push the clutch it doesnt do anything..and then after a couple days wen i get into any gear and i get after it..it just slips..so what should i do?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You should replace you clutch. You probably should quit doing burnouts too since they are pointless and just tear stuff up.

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
i'd say inspect your clutch. that or your throttle cable. dont know too much about DA's, but i had an old school RS, and thats what happened to me.
throttle cable is super simple. just grab up your haynes manual.

hondajaynes37

yeah dudde..lol well i learned my lesson haha..i mean it sucks..but like idk how to check it like i need to get a haynes. but i mean i think its just a friction plate that i wore down..

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
yeah clutch for sure. Becareful man your car isnt made to do burnouts.

hondajaynes37

yeah..im not guna do it again..lol gut sumtimes its hard not to wen ur race lol..i mean i have a stage 2 clutch..and a short shifter..and idk what happyhend wen i did taht..i mean i did it b4.and it never happend. so idk whats wrong...or like what part is really gone

idk dude..my buddies like dude..ur tires arnt moving...so idk i gues for sum reason they wernt..
If one wheel was spinning and one was stationary, that's not anything broken. Welcome to having an open differential.
If both were stationary, then yes, you have a problem.

Oh yeah, like Kyle said, quit doing burn outs. They're stupid.