B18A1 Turbo Head Gasket Q's?

T3GRA

Ok so im 99% sure my head gasket is going/gone... White exhaust valves, (not running lean, running rich) loosing coolant, and lose of power. Not smoking white yet... My question is what head gasket should i get for a turbo B18A1 that will hold the potential for 400+ hp? Should i get ARP head studs or just get OEM? Any info is greatly appreciated.

dlo253

Can't go wrong with ARP studs and oem gasket. That's what I'm running.

jbrown97ls

Icb has them for 65 ish shipped vs 125 with my local dealer ordering it. Icb is reputable. I'd go there

T3GRA

do they sell the set which includes intake, exhaust, ext?

Last edited:

dlo253

oemacuraparts. Acura of peoria. They usually treat me even better than delray. And fuck icb!

95B18BTurbo

Have the head pressure tested and resurfaced first, ensure the sleeves are not cracked, clean it all up, and ARP's and a OEM gasket to seal her back up. Don't put that copper spray shit on there.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I dislike copper spray as well, but its up to your preference. I dont think it hurts anything aside from making it a mess next time.

T3GRA

Going to have head port and polished and 3 angle valve job, new titanium retainers and springs, camshafts, valve seals, conecting rods and pistons, t-belt, water pump all seals and gaskets, EXT. Should be a fun car afterwards.