Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
You are way smoother now man. When you did 2 flat with eg you looked like you were gonna die.
Hahaha thanks man, I'm getting way more consistant too. Seat time FTW
Whew! Looking fast
Thanks man
Nice, I'm surprised they let you go with those cracks in the windshield.
Lol I have a new one all set to go. Just need to meet up with the installer
Dang, 1st place. That's awesome man. E36 is looking nice too.
Thanks Brotha! Can't wait to mess with the 36

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
so the 4ag VS Bseries was amazing fun lol, event took place 12/12/14 by TopakRacing

first comes the prep, I was scared that there was 100% chance on rain on the day so I prepared for that by softening my dampers from their usual settings and disconnecting my rear sway bar end links in hopes of not dying and last but not least threw on my racing numbers to let them know what I bang

My buddy and I drove up the night before and went thru not only rain but there was a really bad sand storm that made life suck pretty bad! Since our rice rockets don't have windows and it was still poring, we used tape and plastic to make Kanjo Style Swagger Rain Deflector 3000's

un loaded the next morning to see that the weather was still lame and was going to stay lame for a while. so stayed on my street summer tires (205/45r16 Federal 595 EVO) for the first session

raced the first session and was the fastest cat out there by 12 seconds to even the next fastest guy lol Street Tires FTW! (2:26 to 2:34-58

second session things were drying up but I stayed on my federals and got the fastest time again by less this time (2:19 to 2:24-50)

third session I went out on some borrowed wheels from UriasBro 15x7 w/ 224/45 RS3's. Ran a 2:07, followed by some off road action

we had a meeting and agreed that TakaAonos time was not going to count towards the battle since JW didn't make it, and the corollas lap average was slower than the Honda Teams by around 10 seconds lol

after that, the track was pretty dry with a few damp spots, so I ran the RS3 again in hopes of beating my old PB with street tires (2:07), we out there and managed to put down a 2:03 in less than ideal condition that I was very happy with!! but was more amazed that TakaOno went from a 2:10 from the previous 3 sessions to a 2:01 lol even if they would have counted his time, out average was faster and 4 out of the top 5 lap times of the days were Hondas! So the win came to us! We won more than bragging rights, we took home the registration fee too! So it ended up being a free track day! Cant thank TeamTopak enough for hosting such a laid back event and im looking forward to my next event with them to see what else Honda ends up going against in another battle!

VIDEO OF THE DAY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJODc_oEKQQ

enjoy, I know I did lol :corn:

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
so after that event you can imagine just how dirty my car was, and since its been good to me.. figured it was only right that I returned the favor lol

after a little elbow grease, a pressure washer and love.. BAM

still have to get the car on jack stands to get all the mud out of the wheel wells and suspension components lol, on to the M3

went to get it aligned to see that my rear lower camber arms were used to tow the car from, that destroyed them and they needed replacing. went with SPC since their well known for solid products and was a lot cheaper than most. throwing them on was an absolute pain in the rear end lol, in order to get the inside bolt out, you have to um bolt the diff in order to wiggle it out.. but wait, theres more! in order to get to those bolts you have to drop the rear sway bar assembly! Not to mention that on the floor with hand tools was so much fun lol but got it done in 3 hours when it calls for 4. so I didn't feel too bad.

old vs new, and no.. I didn't bend them on the way out.. they were this messed up lol

looking and handling better than ever now that the toe/camber is all dialed in!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Wow that's was serious! Didn't see it mentioned but, year? Really just want to know if you got the 3 or 3.2 underneath.