Radio Code =(

GSRjen

Hey guys I just reinstalled my stock radio but I can't find my code =( I have no Acura dealership in my city, either. What should I do? :???:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You have to contact an Acura dealership to get the code. They're going to need to know the serial number of the radio, so have it handy when you call. I don't know if they'll give you the code over the phone, they may want to see you in person and see some kind of proof that you own the car the radio came from. It's a pretty drawn out and ridiculous process just to get your radio to work, especially if there's no dealership near where you live. You gotta keep track of those code cards to avoid the mess, I guess. I know, there's not much you can do if you bought the car used and didn't get the cards with it. My car didn't come with the code cards when I bought it, but then again, it had an Alpine instead of the stock radio so i didn't mind :)

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
He said he put it back in, so I figured he was selling the car and took out an aftermarket headunit.

The code cant cost that much, at least not as much as a new aftermarket.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
dealer wanted like 60 or 70 when my friend didnt have the code for his 94 gsr

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Wow, that's crazy. That's almost half way to an Alpine deck. It crazy the way dealerships can just straight rape people like that and get away with it because there's nowhere else you can go. I mean, how long does it take them to pull a radio code from the computer, 5 minutes? By someone making $12-$14 an hour? Now THAT'S a profit margain!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
GSRjen said:
this sux bc I have no serial number. Someone took my sticker off the radio :???:
Then I'm guessing your completely screwed. That radio will never turn on again.

GSRjen

reconxtru said:
are you planning to sell your car?
No, I was just going to put my stock radio in bc I gave my aftermarket back to my brother, but screw it, I got a new one today. Thanks everyone for the advice! :???:

reconxtru

DC5!
GSRjen said:
No, I was just going to put my stock radio in bc I gave my aftermarket back to my brother, but screw it, I got a new one today. Thanks everyone for the advice! :???:
so you got an aftermarket stereo now? awesome..i'm planning on get an aftermarket stereo..

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
GSRjen said:
I know how it is when you have to drive with no music. It sucks so bad. I did the same thing as you and bought a new one. My old one died and ill be damned if im going back to a tape player.