fuel problem? maybe?

Prozach909

Fuel pressure is constantly at about 28 psi util problem occurs and drops to about 10

Volt test pump reads 13 volts

Car doesn't have problems revving in nuetral.. problem occurs under engine load while driving

Would like to do volt test while driving and there is load on the engine but don't know how

What should i next?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Wow thats low pressure. Normal should be 43ish at idle. Where did you measure the pressure and was the engine running?
So its clearly a pressure issue. The cause is either the pump, the fuel filter or the regulator.

Prozach909

I put the gauge on top of the fuel filter and taped it to the windshield while i drove around..

This is the third pump I've tried that does has the same problem

I've tried a regulator from my sister's car and replaced my filter

Muckman

Not a M0derator
At least we're narrowing down the issue. Its either pump, regulator or filter. You've replaced all three which makes this confusing. Can you jerry rig some way to test pump voltage when you're driving? I wonder if voltage is taking a dump when you have this problem which would explain why you have the same issue with all 3 pumps. I rhymed pump with dump.

Prozach909

I hard wired the pump to a switch with a 15 fuse and not a single Damn thing changed? I'm so confused.... is autozone really stocked with alot of cheap pumps or something because ive tired them all With the same issues?

What else could it be

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes it is actually common to get multiple bad parts from AZ. They sell cheap quality reman's. Ive gone through 2 and 3 brake boosters, axles, slave cylinders, calipers before I get one thats good. See if you can find a used OEM pump online for cheap or upgrade to a Walbro 255 for $90.

Prozach909

Let me rephrase... which is the best walbro fuel pump to get and where would you guys recommend purchasing it at? Thank you

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Walbro 255HP. Its been around for 15 years. You can get it literally any place that sells performance car parts, even Ebay.

Prozach909

I looked it up and found several but with a few different part numbers.. i didn't know if there was one with a certain part number that would hook right up with no modification is all

Prozach909

It was a tank full of gunk and rust... Switched the tank and added an inline fuel filter to catch the contaminates before they get to the fuel pump for now