Most recent picture of your car!

R13

The other asshole
Period blood because it's your menstrual cycle.... Only gonna be ridden a few days a month.

I aim to ride the shit out of it. I put a fuck ton of work in it, maybe racking up a bunch of miles will fix the ticking :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Btw darkDB, we in Ford country like to call those Ford exploders because the engines always blow up right around the mileage yours is at :lol:

DarkDB1

Btw darkDB, we in Ford country like to call those Ford exploders because the engines always blow up right around the mileage yours is at :lol:
I actually call it an Exploder too, But her name is Guadalupe (because my ex pointed out that I bought a paisa truck).

I had a green 97 XLT V8 AWD in high school, It went through hell with my brother before he gave it to me with 220K miles... He used it to drive all over the place carrying electrical equipment for houses and businesses.

The stealership I got it at has another red 4.0 98 like mine with 250K miles

http://www.cjautosalesonline.com/1998_Ford_Explorer_Riverbank_CA_5676207.veh

The engine and transmission is really strong, It was well cared for but I'm doing all of the preventative maintenance on it now (did oil change, air filter) and wednesday I am having my friend who runs a shop change out the shocks, spark plugs, front hub assemblies, A/C compressor and a few front end bushings... Just because I'm used to driving new cars where everything is tight and I get in to this and it's all mushy and creaky.

It's the same 4.0L SOHC V6 in the Ranger and I find those all the time with nearly 300K miles, So I figure if I take care of it she'll last a while.

R13

The other asshole
Probably. Trashy drug addicts are the ones that typically drive exploders here :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.

The Ford dealer I used to work for called them Exploders due to the first generation trucks that came with Firestone tires.... Which would blow out at highway speeds and lead to rollovers :rolf:

It was a huge lawsuit years later and cemented the "Exploder" name for every generation of the thing since :lol:

DarkDB1

Probably. Trashy drug addicts are the ones that typically drive exploders here :lol:
Those like Blazers out here and S10s... We get mexicans in the Exploders here (I'm mexican so I thought it was funny when my ex pointed it out [there is another one JUST like it with a little less miles that cost a little less too, but I didn't bother looking at it because the craigslist page was all in spanish]).

I can't help but feel like I might get deported driving it even though I'm 2nd generation born in the united states (on my dads side)... But I like it, It's nice being actually able to see where I'm going and not worrying about scratches or dings unlike the camaro.

It's had only 2 owners since new, 2nd one having it for 11 years... It was well cared for and they really did not give a s*** about the stereo so I think they might of been old people.

The display doesn't show anything on the head unit, the subwoofer is dried out and cracked as are 2 other speakers so they just fart. I found a JL audio 8" sub that will fit in the stock box and work with the stock 90w amp (powerhouse) that will be here next week. Then I'm just going to get a double din head unit, and some mediocre speakers and drive the s*** out of it with just maintenance and repairs as they arise. :)

R13

The other asshole
Gotta love vehicles like that. I think my truck might have been owned by an old guy or something. It's high mileage but it's not dinged up, dirty or maintenance deprived. The kid that owned it for a year did at least plastidip the wheels and install a better stereo for me though :lol:

DarkDB1

Gotta love vehicles like that. I think my truck might have been owned by an old guy or something. It's high mileage but it's not dinged up, dirty or maintenance deprived. The kid that owned it for a year did at least plastidip the wheels and install a better stereo for me though :lol:
That's pretty good, A well maintained high mileage car will outlive a never maintained low mileage car and i'm not the biggest fan of plastidip, But I wish I had a fully functioning stereo (subwoofer came in today but I was installing parts on the camaro when it came)... I have a few dings and 2 dents (left front fender flare [I'm not sure if plastic or metal, it dented in like metal but feels like plastic]) and it looks like they backed into something on the left rear corner (bumper bent in and ever so slightly creased the quarter panel below the tail light).

But the interior isn't cracked or torn up, the leather is a bit dry and stale but i've seen worse.

Although after getting it on a lift today, She's going to need an oil pan gasket, front differential seal, new shocks/struts (I knew that one) and upper and lower control arms on both front corners :cry: I'm going to have the undercarriage steam cleaned early next week then bring it back after a day or 2 so they can pin point exactly what and all that is leaking and have all of the repairs done (i think they said $1100 for new everything). :???: