My ecu????

96_DC2

Ok so i removed my kick panel on my 96 gsr to disvoer that my ecu has the following words written in yellow "92-95 1.6L vtec stauoas civic" and an adapter harness that looks not right and thought id ask

cborden

Jesus is THE way
idk really does it run ok?
maybe cause they just had an ecu chillin around that was chipped an thought it would give it some extra power

96_DC2

It seems ok but w/e they did my obd2 harness wont power up a reader and i checked the wores to it none clipped and i appearently i have a motor swap as well vin numbers didnt match on the engine and dash idk it seems like a huge cluster f**k to me cuz im new to the honda scene

cborden

Jesus is THE way
hmm doesnt make sense
prob would work fine just wouldnt get as much power out of it as you could
maybe they just took the cover for the b16 idk if it fits
and did a odb change

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Why would you want to change it back is a better question. OBD1 is much better for modding when it comes to tuneability. If you don't plan on doing any future mods to the car then you could convert it back by getting rid of the jumper harness (the wiring mess you said was plugged into your ecu), put an obd2a ecu back in the car (96-98 Integra), obd2 distributor...personally I would just leave it as is

WAR 178

Premium User
more than likely you have a p28 ecu for your obdI motor. you have an obdII car with a stepdown harness. the obdI is easier to tune and get rid of sensors that the ecu reads from the motor. the obdII is called the dumb "smart computer" that makes it harder to eliminate those same sensors. look and see if your knock sensor is ran? the obdI is better in the long run imo..