Automatic Transmission Performance

Frost94

I have a 94 RS with an automatic transmission, it currently has around 151 k miles of it and is starting to show some signs of wear. I am planning on keeping his car and modifying it moderately to try to get an extra 20 to 30 more horsepower out of it. My questions are: does any one know any specs about how much more power the auto trans can handle? Also are their in performance parts I could have installed? I am planning to have work done to the trans soon, possibly over haul, just wanting to know if there are any parts out there to beef it up. (Possibility of supercharging it in a year or so, no I am not going to convert it to a manual.(

rexpepper123

id do the maunal swap first before even doing any engine mods be. im not sure how much the stock tranny can take. couild always start out with some easy things like CAI, exhaust,header an such. do a tune up make it run nice an like new again, plugs wires,fuel filter,timing belt. :)

phatintegra

Banned
It all depends on how you drive it. I know people that boosted there automatic integra one of them had his trans done by Level10 that person was running a fully built LS/VTEC supercharged but he is pushing over 300whp. Female I know has a turbo on a stock LS auto she is pushing around 250whp.

If you see sign of gear slipping, replace the trans.

I'm running all motor auto and hoping to get around 215whp without spray once it's said and done. You can check out my build thread to get into details.

Last edited:

Frost94

id do the maunal swap first before even doing any engine mods be. im not sure how much the stock tranny can take. couild always start out with some easy things like CAI, exhaust,header an such. do a tune up make it run nice an like new again, plugs wires,fuel filter,timing belt. :)
Ive Id ready put an intake one it, short ram, Ive done cold air before, just didnt wanna worry about the rain and all getting on it. Also got new plug wires and NGK Idridium plugs. Next plans are headers and full cat back. My timing belt is still pretty fresh, but I do plan on replacing it down the road, maybe putting some cam gears, probably more for looks though. I dont think Im going to be getting more than 160 to 170 out of it all motor when I get everything done. I was possibly thinking about getting a Stillen super charger kit later, but thats way down the road. At the point I would guess it would have maybe 220 hp stock. Planning on doing some suspension work as well, Tokieco shocks and springs, polyurethane bushings and struts bars. My cvs also need to be replaced. Ive got a week off from school, probably get some estimates on the transmission and see whats up.