potential new teg (opinions please)

do.work

Hey guys I just stumbled upon this teg and i wanted to get some opinions and input. it has a B20 swap, 5 spd, and lowering springs(he didnt know what kind they were). other than that it appears to be pretty much stock.

thanks a lot!!

Last edited:

nicoalex2

Miles? Have you driven it? Clear title?

Looks decent. Sell the rims, probably change the springs if he doesnt know what they are

00DC2TW

wonder why he has the OBD1 LS valve cover on it, unless it's a OBD1/0 B20 swap from the old preludes...

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I want thoose seats! welcome to the site! id do a compression test after test drive, how much is he asking?

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
looks good man. make sure you take if for a good test drive. and holla if you decide to sell the wheels.

do.work

hes's asking 2800. he said the engine came out of a crv. it has a stage 2 clutch and 124,000 on the body and around 8,000 on the swap. he said he did it himself and doesnt seem to be a ricer so thats a relief. i agree on the rim and spring change, i just have to take it 1 step at a time. thanks for the welcome! oh and yes, clear title.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
aslong as no rust(it can be a pain to fix and pricey) I say DO WORK SON!

do.work

theres about a dime size spot on the rear quarter. i figured i could take care of that no problem. im just hesitant on whether or not he did the swap the right way, ill just have to take it for a long test drive haha.

JemmieN

not a girl lol
Pretty weird...He doesn't know the springs but he did the swap himself...Seems a bit sketchy

01FTW

And to the OP, this guy is shady as fuck. Look elsewhere for your teg, and at least get a GS-R.

01FTW

I dont think I would ever buy a car that has already been swapped..unless it was from a person I knew and trusted. Dont buy that shit. People who buy swapped cars almost ALWAYS have issues with them down the road. Is the original ECU (from the CRV) in it?

I'd say just pass on this one, tegs are a dime a donzen youll definitely come across a better deal (and original engine).