Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Thinking of a swap?
I have another b series block waiting to be taken out of a car. I also am weighing the options of going k vs b. I really want a K for lack of a dizzy. It really depends on a few things, really. Ill stick with a B series if I can get my hands on a Haltech :). distributors are getting expensive.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So...monday i dropped off my car with my buddy Justin to get it aligned at the alignment shop that does the alignments for Ground Control. I forget who does it. But anyways...i get a call and he says my car is doing funny things. First of them was the windshield wipers were doing weird things like clunking. That was an easy fix, i put them on wrong...oops. Second was my car would have a bouncy tach needle and would missfire....ODD. I went to his house with a borrowed dizzy just in case. do my wipers, load my buddy clubs into the car, back out and the car is missfiring and dies. FML. Threw on the borrowed dizzy and it worked fine...kind of not happy about that. So I have a dizzy ordered and waiting for me at Autozone and will be using that for this weekend. I also have a line on a rebuilt OEM unit which i will use as a spare as well. These two distributors will float me for the time being until i can purchase a new OEM unit...then I will decide if i want to get another OEM dizzy or do a coil on plug conversion.

Oh well...tis life.

So ive narrowed down the two failed distributors to coincidence and bad luck. The first one was a failed bearing or failing bearing. "Red death" is what i had. Lots of red dust in the cap and rotor section and the body of the distributor., Signs of a failed bearing, it would do odd things in VTEC but not at low rpms. The second only did things at low rps and since i swapped the ignitor and coil from a known working dizzy into second dizzy, i believe the trigger wheel was damaged somehow. I vaugely remember this distributor not working 2 years ago and i thought it was the ignitor. Turns out it was the trigger wheel. blah.

R13

The other asshole
Yum

I don't wanna build my car because the tracks are so far away but shots like that make it hard to resist.

R13

The other asshole
Ahh but I wouldn't dare buy stuff like that without driver skill to back it up.

redGSRguy

Damn might have been cheaper just to swap to coils 3 distributors ago. Hope it is all sorted out for the track day.

OneFastGSR

When is the track day? My friend and I are driving to cali next week in his SRT4. 29 hour drive, We want to run it on a road course though while we're there. How do we enter haha

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Damn might have been cheaper just to swap to coils 3 distributors ago. Hope it is all sorted out for the track day.
I think I'm going to do that. I really have to research the hondata vs aem systems. Idk...not too happy about it right now.

When is the track day? My friend and I are driving to cali next week in his SRT4. 29 hour drive, We want to run it on a road course though while we're there. How do we enter haha
Um I think there's one at button on the 21st and 22nd with speed venture. I'm leaving to buttonwillow tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk