buddy club spec 2 question!

bushy

Hey guys I just bought the buddy club spec 2 for my rsx. I talked to my friends about it and was told it might not be a cat back exhaust. I'm reading and not sure if its illegal or not. I was going to purchase a hi flow cat for it not run nothing but is this how the exhaust is meant to be run or no. Just curious because I don't need any fines for not having a cat when I'm driving with this. It's fine if the db is too loud because I live in an open area but need to make sure I will have a cat when it comes. Just let me know if it has a cat on it or if i need to remove mine to put the pipe on. Thanks please respond asap!

bushy

Thanks for the info, another guy told me that they send a test pipe with it so you can run either cats or the test pipe does this sound right? Just trying to get everything straight.

imsimplee

pretty sure they send a test pipe, if anything if you still want your cat just do it at a exhaust shop and theyll put it in for cheap.

Trix

yeah the buddy club spec 2 is of course just straight pipe, just add a cat may quiet it down a little lol

Army74D

gtavila_
I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) it's a straight pipe.. Meaning, no cat/ test pipe. Again, I could be wrong..

RSXnubworld

the buddyclub spec ll is a staight pipe but a cat back exhuast system. they have both versions. one version that deletes the cat for off road use and a street legal version that is from the cat back. im not 100% sure but i did see my buddys civic that had it and im almost sure it didnt delete the cat.

MrGurley

************5-0
it's not a strait pipe, it's resonated, and it's sold as from the cat back so if you run a test pipe or cat is your choice

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it's not a strait pipe, it's resonated, and it's sold as from the cat back so if you run a test pipe or cat is your choice
"resonated" that exhaust is so fucking loud. Its one of the exhausts that was used on the 4 cars i know that had sound issues at Thunderhill...mine is in that list lol.

MrGurley

************5-0
lol you should do what a friend of mine did and make a vband clamp for the tip to a small bend that's pointed away from the sound booth

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I think turndowns are ugly. Ill run my greddy sp2 exhaust for Thunderhill. I think ill need a turn down though for laguna seca. That sound limit is so dumb

MrGurley

************5-0
he just clamps it on for certain tracks, and I agree, racecars are supposed to be loud, my setup won't ever work on a limited track ftl