My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Ordered an ECU off of Phearable.com and ordered it specific to my build and my mods :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
That's it, can' take it anymore. I am going to order a Yonaka Catback exhaust also as for my black friday+early christmas gift. Other than the 98-01 front bumper, this is all I really want in anything

imcmantis

I have that yonaka catback with a 4-1 header from yonaka and a high flow cat from yonaka basically everything yonaka lol, it sounds real nice and deep not raspy at all.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I have that yonaka catback with a 4-1 header from yonaka and a high flow cat from yonaka basically everything yonaka lol, it sounds real nice and deep not raspy at all.

Thats what Im hoping for, a nice deep tone. Nothing like those fart cannons.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

imcmantis

Where you from? In my area know a guy that can take apart and put everything you have together for $150 that includes main bearings piston rings, valve stems. Seems like one of your piston rings are failing it's better to just get b16 pistons now and got arp rod bolts so you can rev safely high up there. Your ls rods and crank will be better then gsr it's good tq stroke rod length. Then worry bout cams later.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Where you from? In my area know a guy that can take apart and put everything you have together for $150 that includes main bearings piston rings, valve stems. Seems like one of your piston rings are failing it's better to just get b16 pistons now and got arp rod bolts so you can rev safely high up there. Your ls rods and crank will be better then gsr it's good tq stroke rod length. Then worry bout cams later.

I am in VA, I would do that but I'd rather work on it myself. The only thing holding me back from ripping apart my block is access to a shop or tools. I remember when we first were putting in piston #1 we were having a hard time trying to get it in the block. It is the rings but it wasn't a huge leak, to where we can feel it coming from the oil dipstick hole.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I reeved up to 8300 when I had my first chipped ECU with no problem, I was about to get a block guard but I didn't feel like I needed it anymore because I changed to the P28 and it only revved up to 7500

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Murphy

Meat Master
Yeah the yonaka is fine dude if you need new exhaust. I always recommend to people buying it to spray VHT flameproof clear coat on the welds to prevent them from rusting. The Yonaka is perfect except that's it drones at 40mph and the tip is a little excessive. I cut mine off because I was tiered of it vibrating on the bumper at idle.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Going to pick up a Type R climate control system today, been wanting to buy a new one because mines is broken. Going to buy it for $60. Also going to pick up some ASR subframe brace, Beaks bar, and some function&forms lower control arms for $360 in total, its going to be a part pick up today.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd

Going to have my friend install them tomorrow for me because I dont want to wait till tuesday to get this installed :lol:
installed it today :mrgreen:

Sent from my iPhone 2g