Ka vtec build

91LSVTEC

Hey I'm starting a ls vtec build on my 91 teg. It's the b18a1 block with the b18c1 head. Any tips or advice on what I should do to get the most out of my build thanks for your input.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Go for it man! Do lots and lots of research. There are some really good write ups on Honda-tech as well as knowledgeable members here if you end up needing advice during the middle of the build.

91LSVTEC

I have my stock ecu for the ls non vtec and I have the spoon racing chip in it how do I go about programming it for the b18c1 vtec head?

Nick_C78

Spoon racing chip? Sounds like ebay to me. You start by getting a vtec ecu and ditching the "spoon" chip.

Nick_C78

Your ecu doesn't know what vtec is. Thus itll never engage it.

91LSVTEC

K thanks, what should I go with the p72 or the p28. I have a greddy emanage system, and eventually it will be boosted I have eagle rods and pistons, the crankshaft will be here soon. I have a skunk2 fuel rail, and intake manifold. Currently have dc sport 4to1 headers 2.5" pipe to a tenzo r exhaust with a 5" outlet. I have a twin full coil over suspension, hem strut bars and skunk 2 tie arms. 16" konig lace wheels with toto rubbers. Just looking for the right brain for the build, ecu's aren't my forte

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Sounds like 2004 all over again.

Ditch the emanage and snag up Hondata (any version will work and whichever is in your price range).

You don't need to upgrade the stock crank.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
^
Get a hondata s300 for that P28. First things first, whats your budget?

Sent from my iPhone 2g

91LSVTEC

I'm taking my time so cash really isn't a problem. Oh yeah I have stage 2 cams in it already and it has the dizzy

Swerve

Shawn
K thanks, what should I go with the p72 or the p28. I have a greddy emanage system, and eventually it will be boosted I have eagle rods and pistons, the crankshaft will be here soon. I have a skunk2 fuel rail, and intake manifold. Currently have dc sport 4to1 headers 2.5" pipe to a tenzo r exhaust with a 5" outlet. I have a twin full coil over suspension, hem strut bars and skunk 2 tie arms. 16" konig lace wheels with toto rubbers. Just looking for the right brain for the build, ecu's aren't my forte
Direct port nitrous injection, Ball bearing turbo, quad core intercooler, and titanium valve springs.

91LSVTEC

Sounds good but I don't think I need nitrous not really building a track car. The Paul walker cruise last night had a great turn out, so thanks everyone who decided to show up in his memory and show off all their wrench time.

So I bought the p28 ecu, and I have the cross over harness so I don't have to change my harness just yet. Thinking about a wire tuck job while it's all empty.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I have my stock ecu for the ls non vtec and I have the spoon racing chip in it how do I go about programming it for the b18c1 vtec head?
Spoon Racing chip is eBay. That'll do more harm than good. If you still have the oem basemap, put it back in the ecu.
Is it possable to make the ls ecu work?
No.
P28.
Switch the eManage for a Hondata unit and send the crankshaft back, and change the Tenzo-R can for something else. You don't need an aftermarket crankshaft, and Tenzo-R isn't exactly a name I'd associate with quality. Look into maybe an ES Oval, a MagnaFlow, or a Vibrant instead.
What are twin full coilovers? Tie arms?
If I had to guess, you have full coilovers of some sort and either Skunk2 lower control arms or a Skunk2 tie bar. But, I'm not sure.
Sounds good but I don't think I need nitrous not really building a track car. The Paul walker cruise last night had a great turn out, so thanks everyone who decided to show up in his memory and show off all their wrench time.

So I bought the p28 ecu, and I have the cross over harness so I don't have to change my harness just yet. Thinking about a wire tuck job while it's all empty.
Swerve was being sarcastic. He stole that straight out of Fast and the Furious. Plus, Honda's don't exactly like nitrous.
You'll need an OBD-0 to OBD-I jumper harness for the ECU. You shouldn't need anything else.
If you want to do a tuck, go for it.
Welcome to the Club.