Cigarette Lighter!!!

vinnierap

Hey just wondering if anyone knows.. My cigarette lighter is not working but my radio is working. I really need to get my lighter working to charge my phone. Any ideas?? Thanks

vinnierap

well the radio and lighter are on the same fuse so i figured it was ok. I dont have a panel on my fuse box, so I dont know which is which..lol..

TheSickestDC2

Banned
well the radio and lighter are on the same fuse so i figured it was ok. I dont have a panel on my fuse box, so I dont know which is which..lol..
the radio fuse is under the hood it is the back up fuse and it is for the radio and clock but check the fuses under the dash and the hood

Last edited:

acclude

cheap bastard
In my many years of experience I have learned that you can never overlook the easy and obvious first step. Even if they are on the same fuse (which they're not), you never know when the factory wiring has been messed with in any way until you have some electrical issue. Pull out each fuse individually and physically look at them to make sure they are all good. If they check out then most likely, the plug came undone from the back of the lighter. It could be the ground, but the plug coming undone is more likely. BUT CHECK THE FUSES FIRST! lol

vinnierap

Thats a good point... ill pull all the fuses tomorrow, and then ill check the back of the lighter... thanks for the info