Maintenence Light Blinks 10 times. Why....

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Every time I start my car the Maintenence Required Light Blinks 10 times.... Anyone know what causes that?

Last edited:

rsxer63

Here ya go.... pasted from another site..
Maintenance Required Indicator Explained!

Ah, yes, the dreaded Maintenance Required light. The first time you see this stay illuminated in your car, you may go into a panic, since it seems as ominous as the Check Engine light. However, you have nothing to fear, since this light is not triggered by anything wrong with your vehicle.

For those of you who have seen this light but don't have a manual for your car or haven't read up about why it comes on, here is the information straight from my manual:

This indicator reminds you that it is time to take your car in for scheduled maintenance.

For the first 6,000 miles (9,600 km) after the Maintenance Required Indicator is reset, it will come on for 2 seconds when you turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Between 6,000 miles (9,600 km) and 7,500 miles (12,000 km) this indicator will light for 2 seconds when you first turn the ignition switch ON (II), and then flash for ten seconds.

If you exceed 7,500 miles (12,000 km) without having the scheduled maintenance performed, this indicator will remain on as a constant reminder.

Not so scary anymore, huh? To reset this light so that it stops staring you in the face, please check out this article.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Oh, so it IS coming on for the oil change? Well, how do I reset it? I've already changed the oil twice in 4,000 miles anyway.

edit- BTW, thanks for the copy&paste

rsxer63

Try this...found on another site too. (forgot where the original info was from, but this should work).
there is a reset button under the dash, just below the steering wheel, near the stereo console. If you turn the key to on, but don't start the engine, then push and hold the reset button, the light will go off after like 10secs. and you are ready to go

rsxer63

could be oil change or something else... it is a reminder to do your maintenance checkup.

98_gsr

there is a pic of the location of the switch....as stated it means nothing if you have kept up on the maintance on your car....turn the key on (NOT START) and push and hold the button the light will come on then stay on...then go out.

thanks morningz on ti for the pic

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Try this...found on another site too. (forgot where the original info was from, but this should work).
there is a reset button under the dash, just below the steering wheel, near the stereo console. If you turn the key to on, but don't start the engine, then push and hold the reset button, the light will go off after like 10secs. and you are ready to go

there is a pic of the location of the switch....as stated it means nothing if you have kept up on the maintance on your car....turn the key on (NOT START) and push and hold the button the light will come on then stay on...then go out.

thanks morningz on ti for the pic
Thanks guys! 8)