ABS pump install, Help!!!!!

teggy604

is theres anyone knows whats the procedure or how to install a abs pump.. i just replace my abs module last may 2009 and now my abs lights is on again my mechanice told me i have to replace the abs pump, now my question is how come when i unplug the module the abs lights on the dashboard shuts off, then i put the module back in again and the lights is on again.. something is tellin me is not the pump but the code i get is 7 blink pause then 2 blink, worse case worse if its the abs pump how hard it is to install it, can i do it by myself. i need your opinion at these matter as the dealership will cost me a fortune of whopping 1200 just the parts plust 260 on labor.. thanks thanks thanks..

integratrucker

looks like you have a nice ride. You dont drive that in the winter time do you? The only way i would wory about abs is if i was doing a lot of driving in snow or ice conditions. But thats just me.

teggy604

thanks for the compliment i keep it clean all the time polish the interior wax the exterior twice a month and also thats the only car i have and yest i do drive it on winter time. as i work five days a week and travelling time is 30 to 40 minutes drive from home to work...

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
changing the whole modulator is a pretty straight forward job, just un bolt the old one and bolt up the new one and bleed.don't try to take it apart,just get the whole thing. the reason the light goes out is the module IS what controls the light.

teggy604

but i just replace the module jim last may and your the one who told me that the module is behind the panel but this time its the abs pump that i want to know if i need to change it or just buy the module and bleed the car.. when i bought the abs module i didnt even bleed the car i just plug the new one and thats it.. the modulator is the one locacted behind the headlight correct and all i have to do is unbolt the break lines and put the new module there and put the break lines and bleed each wheel.