need help with intake removal

WakaWaka

hey guys im trying to take out my cold air intake to replace it with this k&n short ram one i got, but i got to the point where i disconnected the pipe at the top but it wont coem out because my filter is at the bottom and i dont know how to take it out (bought the car with it) like i dont know where to place my hands to remove the filter, i can feel the pipe should i just try to pull it out? or is it screwed on? im still a newbie at alot of things lol but i know i can do this, plz can someone help me, thanks :D

GSROWNSU

you might have to do one of two things....either the filter is clamped on and you'll have to take a screwdriver and loosen the clamp...or for some reason the filter is just real snug on the pipe and you'll just have to pull it off

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
The filter element is holding the lower portion that why you cant take it out , you need to take of the plastic on the fender well and try to disconect the filter from the tube or try from the bottom, the other way is taking the bumper off more work but less headache.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
cabezzzdb8 said:
The filter element is holding the lower portion that why you cant take it out , you need to take off the plastic on the fender well and try to disconect the filter from the tube or try from the bottom
Yep, the piping won't come out unless the filter is off first. The filter is right behind the pass. corner lens, just pull down the splash guard and you'll be able to get at it and unscrew it.

WakaWaka

thanks alot guys im gonna attempt it again tomrw