motor with the best potential?

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
im kind of curious as to which motor would have the best advantage in a teggy. a b18b1, b18c1, or an h22 (cant remember the exact engine code but the jdm one with vtec). im just wondering which one would be able to make the best kind of power to the wheels. i know stock the h22 has more hp but what if each motor is built up really good... say given a $10k max to spend on parts for each :D ...which one would have the best potential?

i feel like im all over the place with this question but i think you all get what im talking about

siscoke

depends but if my best bet goes to the H22 you have the advantage of a bigger capacity, so every slight adjustment will improve more compared to a 1800cc engine. the H22 is a very know motor for boosting also. i think if ur goin for drag ur better of with the H22.

mind though i think the H22 is a way heavier motor the the B18 (like i said i thinnk)

but if u got the money id dip in a lil more for a K20 (which also has a displacement advantage AND most important technology advantage compared to the B18b c1456)
and then just a bolt on turbo with a good management system or N/A whatever you like to go with

greetz sis

Last edited:

sOuL

g3teg97 said:
I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is the B18C1 or the GS-R engine.
b18C1 is a gsr motor aint it? well i gotta gsr and my motor says B18C1

XSI_DA_IN_TN

K Series = K24 bottom with K20A head. New age LSVTEC. More like new age B20VTEC.
B Series = ITR B18C.
Don't get me wrong. The H22A is bad ass. I just won't buy one.
JDM Honda block codes won't have a number after the second letter. USDM B16A2=JDM B16A. USDM B18C1 or C5=B18C.
B18C1 is the GSR engine.

siscoke

sOuL said:
b18C1 is a gsr motor aint it? well i gotta gsr and my motor says B18C1
TRUE

(message was to short so here you go stupid computer here u got some letters o and ill drop in some numbers 2 --> 345646574563 especially for you)

siscoke

XSI_DA_IN_TN said:
K Series = K24 bottom with K20A head. New age LSVTEC. More like new age B20VTEC.
B Series = ITR B18C.
Don't get me wrong. The H22A is bad ass. I just won't buy one.
JDM Honda block codes won't have a number after the second letter. USDM B16A2=JDM B16A. USDM B18C1 or C5=B18C.
B18C1 is the GSR engine.
C5 = usdm ITR and C6 (like mine) is EDM ITR build in japan
C4 is also GSR to my knowledge (but that was not the point was it :d)

greetz sis

GSROWNSU

XSI_DA_IN_TN said:
i didn't know people were doing that already...a new version of ls/vtec! That must be a badass motor. :lol:

siscoke

GSROWNSU said:
i didn't know people were doing that already...a new version of ls/vtec! That must be a badass motor. :lol:
yeah they do but since K series is still rather expensive and needs alot of adjustment (mounts and stuff) it aint that common yet :s

greetz sis

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Just give it a couple more years, some more idiot's buying RSX's and crashing them after 2 weeks and we will have plenty enough to get our beloved b series down in price enough so the average guy can sport one in his civic (me :p )