Ls motor B16 transmission

hgocasca

level 77 troll
The engine still produces the same power and torque at the flywheel, no matter what tranny you put on it. So you aren't actually increasing anything except your acceleration.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
The engine still produces the same power and torque at the flywheel, no matter what tranny you put on it. So you aren't actually increasing anything except your acceleration.
you deleted that whole bit about leverage and torque wrenches and what not? i wanted to show that to someone :(

HonDaReal

Lol more torque because of ur tranny? And hopeu enjoy ur motor for a month if u just "slap" on a vtec head without "slapping" in the accessory parts u need for ur motor to hit higher rpms than its built for.

My gsr had a b16 3rd and 4th gear for track use. Shorter gears gives u a more rapid acceleration not torque lol

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Lol more torque because of ur tranny? And hopeu enjoy ur motor for a month if u just "slap" on a vtec head without "slapping" in the accessory parts u need for ur motor to hit higher rpms than its built for.

My gsr had a b16 3rd and 4th gear for track use. Shorter gears gives u a more rapid acceleration not torque lol
thats backwards, it should of been b16 1st and 2nd, then gsr 3rd and 4th, and then sugar coated with a ITR FD

dylan

ummm thank you?? and yeah i know you have to do alot of work to put a gsr head on an ls motor

j13

Keep It Clean
Well a transmission that shifts more early will keep the engine in the power band, where you'll be creating more power. The longer gears will just keep the revvs slower preventing it from hitting higher RPM/Power sooner. Remember that an engine reaches it's max HP and TQ at a certain RPM. The person sooner to get into the engines sweet spot will have the advantage. A B16 trans is a very good trans.

Small engines need RPM to creat power.

Last edited:

dylan

how much would it run to put a vtec head on becouse one of my freinds said hed sell me a gsr head for 300

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
i made 134 with my ls only made 127 tq. b16 tranny is pure win with that engine
Do you know how to use grammar?! What the fuck is up with dumbass people. Look here.
I made 134. With my ls only made 127 tq.(Period) b16 tranny is pure win with that engine.
I made 134 with my ls. Only made 127 tq. b16 tranny(Period) Is pure win with that engine.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Bad day?!?! There are much worse examples of bad grammar on this site. I wouldn't have even noticed this. Go take a pill or something.

HonDaReal

Do you know how to use grammar?! What the fuck is up with dumbass people. Look here.
I made 134. With my ls only made 127 tq.(Period) b16 tranny is pure win with that engine.
I made 134 with my ls. Only made 127 tq. b16 tranny(Period) Is pure win with that engine.
I don't write like a tard all the time, but what you said in the comment quoted above made less sense than the one you quoted. Lolz