Need help on pulling the trigger and buying.....

GS-Rmy

So I have found a 92 for sale here locally. Here is the craigslist ad: http://killeen.craigslist.org/cto/2942797824.html
The good: 92 integra Da coupe from Japan
5 speed s-1. Rebuilt tranny
B18b1 ls engine rebuilt as well both with 0 miles.
Tokico suspension.
Front and rear strut bars
17 in white rims with chrome lip and with brand new tires
Cloth seats. White and black interior. Carbon fiber hood. Full molded body kit. After market 2.5" exhaust.. chipped p28 ecu.. sunroof.. power windows. Power locks.. alarm system. Auto start.. pioneer sound system 2 12" subs amps aftermarket tach.... Semi wire tuck............trying to get power steering... And ac installed as well gotta find all the parts.... Has compressor and condensor.. needs lines etc...

The bad: Salvage title

Should I dive in head first into this car or be leery of the salvage title? We have worked out a deal with a local dealership to trade in my Toyota 4x4 pickup for his Integra because he is buying a car for his wife from that dealership and using the money from my truck trade in as down payment. Need advice. I have the VIN as well but haven't ran a CarFax. He says that it has a salvage title because when it was brought to America from Japan it didn't pass emissions or something like that. Thanks for any input.

That car looks like ass, has a salvage title, and isn't worth near $5500. I would stay away. From what I can see from the pic that car is not from Japan. Is it right hand drive? How many characters are in the VIN? Does it say JH4DA6 or JH4DA9?

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Look it has wheels and a fiberglass body kit...must be jdm!!

GS-Rmy

That car looks like ass, has a salvage title, and isn't worth near $5500. I would stay away. From what I can see from the pic that car is not from Japan. Is it right hand drive? How many characters are in the VIN? Does it say JH4DA6 or JH4DA9?
It is JH4DA9 and has a total 17 characters. What does that mean?

Last edited:

GS-Rmy

Da6 is jdm...da9 and claiming jdm is rice...car is junk bro...keep you toyota
Sweet. Thanks guys. That's why I wanted to check with you all first, knowing someone could help me out. I greatly appreciate it.

It is JH4DA9 and has a total 17 characters. What does that mean?
DA9 means that it's a USDM Integra, not from Japan and that that seller is full of shit, and has a salvage title for something other than the lie he fed you. Do not buy that car.

phinattic

If it has a salvage title then it was wrecked, and bad enough to be totaled out. The whole didnt pass emissions test thing is total BS. Run from this car. He made the deal because the dealership wont take a car with salvage title for trade in.

cboe90DA

If it has a salvage title then it was wrecked, and bad enough to be totaled out. The whole didnt pass emissions test thing is total BS. Run from this car. He made the deal because the dealership wont take a car with salvage title for trade in.
yup yup!! RUN RUN AWAY!!!! plus he wants 5000.00 get real u can find a way better car for 5000.00 trust me. ill sell u my blue one for 2500.00 clean title and smog ready!!!