Abs Unit leaking from the rear

g6qwerty

Abs Modulator/Unit leaking how to fix?

I've always had a slow brake fluid leak in my integra and now its gotten even worse, and can quite clearly see it leaking from a hole / plug on the drivers side in the rear above one of the brake lines there, is their anyway to plug a leak from there? Now instead of filling up my master cylinder with brake fluid every 2-3 months or more its like only a few weeks. And it leaks with the car just sitting.

Edit:Also appears to be leaking from the front hole like that too.
It seams that its weep holes for the solenoids? I was able to stick a small pice of wire in about 1inch.

Found this TSB on it but its not the solenoids its what is next to the solenoids the 4 bumps that are bolted down behind them in groups of 2 in the illustration in the tsb. http://www.acuraworld.com/tsb/1991/B91-038.pdf

Found a photo online edited it to show where it was leaking from

Last edited:

g6qwerty

Think I found the cause Took it all apart and abs modulator and the valves in it was full of grim / gunk / small metal? Below the solenoids from the abs pump feed it had metal shavings like the abs pump ate its self.

So Most of the O-rings appear to be in good shape, but I think it was so full of gunk that it was creating a leak past the seals? I'll post some pictures later, its sitting apart in the garage at the moment.

Also found out for bad flare nut wrench that would round over the flare nuts, that after I heated it red hot and hammered on it to get it tighter around the nuts and then quenched it in water and it works a treat :D

*Edit Pictures

Last edited:

g6qwerty

So took whole abs unit I pulled from a wrecked 92 integra and disassemble the modulator too and cleaned it out. It was only a little dirty but cleaned everything under hot water and let it dry and the reassemble and installed all in the car.
Helps to pull the radiator to install the abs accumulator.
Bleed the brake like normal in order according to service Manuel and took it for a drive abs now works Think I might need to bleed the brakes again.

Think i'll be doing the same to my 91 integra with its abs light on.

Also Where those big springs are under the caps, theirs supposed to be no brake fluid in there.