clutch issue

integra 0411

Hi ci I just finished putting a new clutch in my 1990 integra. Now the issue I'm having is when the car is running I can not shift into any gear. But with the engine off it with go into any gear fine very smooth. Also if I put it in first and start it you can feel it grab a little not enough to lurch the car, and it is tough to pull out. Any help would be Appreciated Thank you ci

g6qwerty

Do you have the clutch cable adjusted properly? You turn the black nob around the cable its in the front of the transmission.
Sounds like your clutch isn't disengaging. Its quite hard to pull the car out of gear when your moving unless you let off the gas.

integra 0411

Yes back it out almost all the way, stopping at different Heights and trying it. when I put it back together I had maybe half an inch or so of travel. I also made sure the clutch kit was for my car

g6qwerty

That 1/2 of inch of travel is supposed to be in the clutch pedal not the cable. Also did you make sure the transmission was properly full after you reinstalled it?

integra 0411

That play was in the fork before the cable was hooked up. Transmission was seated right and filled with Pennzoil Synchromax

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

integra 0411

Could I have a bad cable or pedal assembly. Cuuse the old clutch did the same thing, and it failed prematurely. the hub separated from the friction disc

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You need to tighten the nut to pull the cable taught. If there is any slack in the cable, depressing the clutch pedal will not disengage the clutch properly.