trans won't come out of gear after engine swap

iDrive a GS-R

ok long story short i swapped my gsr with a jdm gsr after a spun rod bearing. I reused my tranny and shift rods and i also put in a new clutch flywheel and throwout bearing while the trans was out. My problem now is after i put the shift linkages back on the shifter went into 4th gear and it wont come out. I tried this after i topped the trans with fluid and im stuck as to what to do. Did i somehow not install the shift linkage back on correctly?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Disconnect the shift linkage and try to manipulate the shift input by hand. You should be able to easily push it in and out by hand. That will eliminate the linkage as a possible problem.

iDrive a GS-R

If the rod goes in and out easily what would be the next step? Im pretty sure i installed the shift fork correctly i followed the team integra how to for the clutch and also changed the bell housing case because the old one was cracked. I also followed a video for the bell housing and made sure not to lose the little steel balls and springs on some of the bolts. I did notice the slave cylinder leaking as i bolted it back onto the trans tho..

iDrive a GS-R

I had somone push the clutch pedal and i watched the slave cylinder and it moved fine and the clutch fork doesnt have excessive play. I removed both linkages and the rod coming off trans is stuck and wont move. Im guessing i need to drop the trans now?

iDrive a GS-R

update on this

pulled the trans because the shift rod would not move with shift linkages not connected. im guessing i put the case on incorrectly. One of the bolts with the spring and ball had the ball pressed into the bolt so i bought a new one (bolt, spring, ball and washer)
so im at the point now where i have the case off and the shift rod moves, i tried putting the case back on but it wouldnt sit flush.
I read somewhere on teamintegra that if you move the shift rod it will pull the case and make it sit flush i did that now the rod wont move at all with the case off.
Idk what to do now lol i havent messed with the internals i was simply swapping cases but my next move is taking the shift change assembly out? then move the shift rod into the middle position then reinstall and try putting the case back on?
Any help would be appreciated thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its taken you almost a year to get to this point??? I would find a factory service manual or just pay someone to put the case back on at this point man.

iDrive a GS-R

Noo lol i put it off i picked up a b16 trans and put the gsr trans away but i want to put the gsr trans back in now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk