"BIG SHORT" DB!.... Trany/ECM/DIST/ alt ..."HELP"

integra_db1

ok iam fresh here and iam looking for some one that knows his shit. its a A/T 1990 db1 . strong car. lots of potential lots of plan for the thing.. ok i was driving at like 60 when the cars randomly dies.. ok sience its a AT, i deside to put it in neutral so it wont hurt the car much well .. when i stop i opend my hood and it smelled like acid . i look at my bat and notist the cables off. i knew it was a short. my GPS fried so did my . ECM/DIS/ALt/all my dash lights / head lights Everything . well i replaced all that. well when i finally turned my car on that i want to drive it now listen carefull . it comes out in 3rd gear. iam like wtf. lol well no big prob ill just put it in 2nd gear . it works reverse is good parking too . the s3 light its just on dont blink or nothing . my trany was good b4 the short now i know there has to be a burnt hardware . can any one please help thanks ...

Possibly a bad transmission control module.
Im not sure but I believe that the Integra is the same as the Accord in the fact that the ECU didn't control the trans in 91, there was a separate unit for it.

Last edited: