To many forums no right answers!

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Take it from me. From the money that was put into my car i could have bought a 5 speed and built the motor and turboed the hell out of this thing.
But as usual i was the most stubborn and wanted to do it my way and that was it.

Everyday I wish i would have just listened to my friends and took the time to find a shell car and covert it to a 5 speed.

You will be spending a lot of money for the automatic V-tec.

I had bought my motor from H motors, They gave me a direct jdm motor was that was made for a right hand drive integra.

The tranny came with the motor as well. Said to have around 35,000 k miles, but you never know.
On top of that
Had to order a custom harness from Ry wire that cost a few hundred.

ECU was 150.00 for this came from H motors as well.

Ry wire had to redo the wiring twice to get it to start right.

Obviously wiring is the biggest issue here in this swap.

Motor still runs great, I have had no issues with it.

Also you do not need to wire up anything. The ECU controls the TCM and the V tec. Its all built into it. We found out that from Ry wire after we had major headaches from wondering why it was engaging and not engaging.

Its up to you, want you want to do. My Motor still today run greats. Me and some friends did this swap around 3 years ago could be longer, been a while.

If I was you call Ry Wire and they will tell you exactly what you need, because you will need a custom made harness for it.

Oh oh

Vtec hits well in first..., but that's....it lags in 2nd like someones holding you back when you try to run forward, third its okay, Fourth, feels just like 2nd gear. So don't expect to be street racing in this motor your building, you will get your a ss handed to you directly. This also has no take off whatso ever in the test runs we did on an open road.

Hope this helps you in considering a final decision.

Thanks

oscar112709

Banned
Take it from me. From the money that was put into my car i could have bought a 5 speed and built the motor and turboed the hell out of this thing.
But as usual i was the most stubborn and wanted to do it my way and that was it.

Everyday I wish i would have just listened to my friends and took the time to find a shell car and covert it to a 5 speed.

I had bought my motor from H motors, They gave me a direct jdm motor was that was made for a right hand drive integra.

The tranny came with the motor as well. Said to have around 35,000 k miles, but you never know.
On top of that

Also you do not need to wire up anything. The ECU controls the TCM and the V tec. Its all built into it. We found out that from Ry wire after we had major headaches from wondering why it was engaging and not engaging.

Its up to you, want you want to do. My Motor still today run greats. Me and some friends did this swap around 3 years ago could be longer, been a while.

If I was you call Ry Wire and they will tell you exactly what you need, because you will need a custom made harness for it.

Oh oh

Vtec hits well in first..., but that's....it lags in 2nd like someones holding you back when you try to run forward, third its okay, Fourth, feels just like 2nd gear. So don't expect to be street racing in this motor your building, you will get your a ss handed to you directly. This also has no take off whatso ever in the test runs we did on an open road.

Thanks
Thank you man see this is what am talking about thanks

oscar112709

Banned

On top of that

Oh oh

Thanks
But what ecu did you use? Am trying to stay obdo I thought of going to obd1 but holly shit what a headache

phatintegra

Banned
LsTeg how long ago did you do the swap?
I had no issues with the wiring since I found the schematics and pin layout thru searching the net. My builder did all custom wiring I just had to supply him the OBD2 and OBD1 harness with pig tails that I grab from a salvage yard.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
LsTeg how long ago did you do the swap?
I had no issues with the wiring since I found the schematics and pin layout thru searching the net. My builder did all custom wiring I just had to supply him the OBD2 and OBD1 harness with pig tails that I grab from a salvage yard.
i did the swap a few years ago.

I had an obd2 harness, and basically had to go backwards to obd1 since the jdm motors that had the auto were only made for obd1.

It was the harness that we had gotten from rywire that was the problem. We kept telling the something is up with the wiring because we had tried everything possible. The car just wouldnt turn over. So they got it, but didnt tell us what was wrong exactly,but when we got it back. Hooked it up and boom it started.

Now my auto lock does not come out..from park...lol

Since the ecu controls everything I hope that isn't problem or hope we don't have to send the harness back. It was a headache and impatient. Had to wait 2.5 months for the harness to get it back the second time.

Hope this fellow Op see the stories and listens to you guys about the amount of money that will be spent, as well as the numerous headaches and long nights we had to go thru to figure out these problems.

The car drives well. No issues...once all the problems were figured out...lol

:)

My link for the setup is below in my sig.

Late Early Bird