Gauge Cluster Swap: DC/DB Integra w/ S2000 Cluster [Still in the WORKs!]

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
does this take very much knowledge to do? I wanna do this. =]
nope, only if you decide to make your own VSS and ECT module/converter.

i pretty much gathered all the parts and information required to have the swap completed. So all that really needs to be done is splicing the s2k harness along with the SpeedoHealer and Modifry's ECT to get it operating and functioning. the hard part is the custom bezel and custom harness im trying to create.

easybake

I like food
man i guess it's not that hard, i think ima do it. My friend has a s2k cluster just sitting around at his shop he said he would give me. so lets hope he keeps to that deal!

konerri

looks like you got everything. There's no reason why this shouldn't work. Hope you got the right Speedhealer? i heard that they had a "special" made just for us honda people. I think is was Version 4 or something.

I still want to build a completer module. BTW thumbs up to you man.

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
looks like you got everything. There's no reason why this shouldn't work. Hope you got the right Speedhealer? i heard that they had a "special" made just for us honda people. I think is was Version 4 or something.

I still want to build a completer module. BTW thumbs up to you man.
thanks a lot kong, when i saw the cluster in your car, it really gave me the final push. :thumbup:

bigger ups to you since you're makeing the complete module and programming yourself.

so some UPDATEs!!!

i ordered a dremel the other day... saved a couple bucks, but they dont cost that must at home depot. saw it the other day while i was at work looking for parts. So with the dremel kit and using the fhick cutting disc, i chopped away at the donter cluster for the custom harness i wanna make, and also the carbon fiber bezel. with the variable speed on the dremel... cutting through the plastic was like butter!

onto the PICs!!!

first... the homemade harness... not as simple as the dc5... bastards! :p

made a rough outline of what wanted...

then i chopped/sliced away on the donor cluster, and trimmed down what i really wanted. one note is to be very careful with the white plastic. its VERY brittle. so i couldn't really use and hand cutters. it cause some unwanted cracks.

looking on how things are... and to make things easy and functional... i would probably have to soder some wires ontop of the coper on the small portion of the green "back plane" and the wires would come from the back portion... where i probably cutt 1 good thin line so the wires can pass through, rather than small individual holes for each wire. dont you guys agree? that and i also wanna use shrink wrap, spliy flex tubing and make it a clean job.

next... the carbon bezel

make sure you wear gloves, eye protection, and long sleeves! cause that bitch is some ichy stuff! lol... no joke. a stream of watter isn't really needed to keep the carbon fiber dust down... its nothing too krazy. man up about it, haha. placing tape on the panel will make things a lot easier to decide where to start cutting, i centered and traced the card board cut out i made, as well as the plaster bezel, just to get a better visual. i made the outline thicker going towards the center, so i can give myself room for error and use the sander for the demel to smooth it out.

and then chop chop away! i went

there's still a large portion where i need to trim the rest of the surrounding carbon fiber to make it more compact... but i can also use it as mounts of the speedohealer and ect mod. also the center trim that i cutt out... i was sorta thinking about using it as a cover like the dc2 clock cover... muahahaha 8) the carbon fiber layout sorta looks like the carbon faux for the integra type r interior... so thats also next to list to complete my interior

up comming task... the splicing!!!

soloteg

WOW i see these on RSX's all the time, but i've never seen it on a dc/db

I definately want to see the progress on this one

xXiNtEgRaCrXx

Here are some pics:

As it sits right now

At ACC/IGN

With headlights on

sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Last edited:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i don't know why i never commented on this but nice stuff man. you must be an engineer:)