Gauge Cluster Swap: DC/DB Integra w/ S2000 Cluster [Still in the WORKs!]

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
almost 2 years later... and i finally have an update!... ROFL!

recently seen acouple conversion harnesses and it got me motivated on this project again. i think what basically avoided me from this project was the pnp harness. obviously i could splice them in... but it would be permanent. but after seeing someone else use my idea of my pnp harness... i decided i will give it a shot.

no wiring yet... but basically completed the cluster bezel and he carbon fiber overlay. i decided it would best to keep the bottom brackets on the S2k cluster since it would be something for the carbon fiber overlay it sit and rest on, instead of free floating. getting the bottom portion flat and filed down was easy... getting the curved arc to be smooth free hand is nearly impossible, but i did the best i could. pretty f***ing good if you ask me :p aside from that... working with carbon fiber is a biatch. micro sharp fibers everywhere... be prepared to have an assistant with a pair of needles.

so again, since i bought a dual pod... back to the grind. as usual, doing this on the sidewalk or driveway seems to work fine for me, ghetto fabulous mang!

before:

after:

made additional measurements for the center point and portions to cut out for the bracket.

final product.

finding a way to mount the cluster is next... i want to fab some solid brackets possibly or use the multipurpose metal mounting strips, also think i need to find me a mil-spec connector... pretty sure that'll solve my dilemma with the cutting and splicing if i ever decided to throw the OE cluster back on. :what: not sure if i already mentioned it, with the extra space on the overlay, i can probably mount the speedohealer and the modifry on it.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Looks legit! my buddy just used the factory mounts for the cluster..just fab a bracket to to make holes line up.. cause sense you cut the cluster the holes wont. going to look awesome in your db!

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Looks awesome.... Lemmie know if you plan on selling it :lol:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha yup. its a keeper. even the mugen cluster has nothing on this! plus i already bought the digital boost and a/f gauges... wont look right with an analog :p but if i didt decide to go digital... i probably woulda went with the mo0o0ogen cluster.

so an update:

final trimming of the bezel. its something you have to do really, otherwise it wont even fit n the dash. also screwed in the cf overlay to the cluster with the existing holes. i think there is L bracket at the top, i musta lost them. this pretty much secures the overlay on the cluster.

and with it in.... SHABAM!!!!

however.... its still not wired yet... hahaha. one of these days i'll bust out the solder and get to it on the homemade pnp plugs/harness so i can verify the coloring matching wiring headache part :(

Last edited:

KevvvinoOo

Looks awesome! Came out really good. How did you mount the s2k cluster inside? also I was wondering how much/which part of the bezel did you trim? I see your cluster fits really good and you can see the entire cluster cause i tried to fit mine w/o shaving it down and it covers the bottom a bit. Also where did you purchase your carbon fiber sheet from?

480codyGSR

So as your near finished, how much cost did it make and approximately how many hours were put in? I work in a machinist/welding shop and have everything at my disposal tool wise. Was the effort and money worth the outcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0tter7

How did you make you connectors to plug into the factory integra gauge cluster harness.? If you could message me about it it would help me out a lot in trying to figure it out. Or email me. Thanks I can't find a way to do it with out buying the jumper harness for 500$ and waiting 6-8 weeks.

Yamaharider827@yahoo.com

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
His clusters not wired yet. This has been done on many hondas.

Here's a method I use for most applications, this allows for easy installation and reversal in case you wanted to go back to oe.

All you have to do is splice the integras current cluster connectors. About 2 inches behind the connector, tap each wire and add about 6-10 inches of wire. Solder/heat shrink/tape. Add on some s2k connectors to plug n play the harness. Done.

It could be as easy as matching colors, I don't believe clusters require multiple wires per pin like an ecu.

Better grab a wiring diagram for both cars.