Axle nut problem.

Khoshabalas

The axle nut for my db2 will not effin come off! Idk if this is a common problem but its sitting stuck in my gaarage and idk what to do! I think i need an air gun, and a compressor

red.line

You will definitely need an impact at the least, or perhaps an act of god to get that fucker off lol.
Hell, when we were taking the engine out of my EJ6, that thing was on there so good we ended up saying fuck it and just maneuvered the engine so the axle came out without actually removing the axle itself.
We used a 2 foot long aluminum pole as a breaker bar on a half inch ratchet and bent the pole. Then we tried like an 8 foot long steel pole and broke the ratchet hahaha. This was all after the impact not doing shit.

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
i work on air compressors for a living and the kind i work on are a lot bigger than most ppl see some are 1000 HP so i have a 3/4 Drive breaker bar that works wonders on axle nuts i dont have a metric socket for it but i believe its a 1 1/4 That i use and its close enough. Lol

mirrorimg

Those big sockets arent cheap. Get one and a nice beefy ratchet/breaker bar, and a long STEEL pole. Leverage does wonders on big ol' nuts.

Khoshabalas

I have a 32 mm i think. All i have is a damn rachet and 3 foot pole. It aint goin NOOOOWWHHHEERRREE. Ugh. my teg is so pittiful right now =[ I was suppose to cruis this weeknd too! Geeze. I guess i have to tow it to a damn shop!

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
rent an electric impact wrench

Khoshabalas

Oh i know! I have a complete new axle. I guess it completely was pulled from the spindle. ugh. Damn drifting! Well, I have a impact wrench but when i moved from AZ i couldn't bring my air compressor. Would autozone/orielies/advanced autopart rend one? I guess all my friends dont have one either!

vtecDA9

Hittin' VTEC!!!!
Axle nut

rent an electric impact wrench
listen I agree with this guy, I broke 2 breaker bars trying to get the nut off. In one of the honda tuning mags. there is a company name HFT tools with there coupons got me an electric impact gun for 30.00 an 30 sec. later I had the axle nut off. an I got to say that was money well spent.