turbo build! NEED HELP

JDM-TEG

ive got a 93 integra with stock engine and i wanna get a turbo for it. trying to get my car at about 400hp, still a little confused on which turbo to get. which is better journal or ball bearing? Whats the difference? Also ive hurd its not good to just slap a turbo in cuz you can blow your motor so what else do i need for my engine so that i dont blow it? And what else would i need to help out besides a new exhaust system? thanks

JDMda808

just about all bolt on will help with a turbo your best bet is a t3/t4 turbo. u probaly cant reach 400 whp on stock internals. wouldnt go more than 6psi with stock internals. if you wanted to build u would need new pistons and connecting rods and sleeves better head studs and a all new valve train.

Prozon

Kris
Not all t3/t4 turbo's are the same size.

As for hitting 400whp.. you will need forged rods and pistons. A new map sensor so you can run 11psi or more. Aftermarket head studs. Sleeving the block is optional. You don't need to touch the head either.

Let Alex chime in, I know he was sitting over 400hp for 26k miles or something like that.
Besides, i'm tired of answering these same questions repeatedly. Run a damn search.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Journal turbos use journal bearings. Ball bearing turbos use ball bearings. Ball bearing turbos are a little better an spool alittle quicker but I don't think they last as long as journal turbos (I might be wrong about that).

You need to do research, there's plenty of info about boosting on this site.

JDM-TEG

would i still have ac cuz i was looking at my car and it looks like what i think are ac lines are in the way of the intercooler??

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
would i still have ac cuz i was looking at my car and it looks like what i think are ac lines are in the way of the intercooler??
That all depends on what manifold you choose.
Most log manifolds are ac compatible, you can get a cheap one on eBay as long as it it cast iron, they will never break.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I dont understand why we even bother with these types of threads. Theres like one that pops up every other day asking the same question, and the answer is always "quit being lazy and run a damn google search and learn these things for yourself then come back and ask better questions".

The reason behind this is, if you cant even figure out how to research these things on your own, then theres no way turbocharging a car is beneficial to you.

Prozon

Kris
I've been really debating making a thread we can sticky to answer some questions. In fact, i'll start typing it up now.