Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
I liked it too, but I wasn't willing to strip the front wheel to match, then go through the extra effort of polishing the lip, and masking it off to freshen up the faded black center.

The white masking tape around the tire did give me an idea...

:lol:

I've wanted to try tiregraficx for awhile, kinda pricey, but if they last at least a year I'd be happy.

R13

The other asshole
That's not an idea, that's a plan. :rolf:

I still have to polish this turd up a bit first though :roll:

94RS

No fucks given.
So it's 1125R this week, probably a 12R next week, sumo XR the week after, RC sometime next month :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
RC's are too fucking expensive now, I can get a 999 for about the same price.

As for the other three, just depends on which one I find first :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Even buying a 999 at the same price as an RC, you'll still end up paying more for the 999 in the long run.... Ya know, Ducati maintenance costs, parts, etc.

R13

The other asshole
I'm content with that purely because the 999 has a presence like no other bike I've been around. Not even the panigale compares. The 999s I rode is without question my favorite bike that I've ridden so far.

Unless they skyrocket beyond my ability to afford one, I will own one some day.

94RS

No fucks given.
I'll be laughing like hell when you ride an XB or 1125 and you're like "I changed my mind, there's something about a Buell that the 999 just doesn't have"

:rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Well it does... reliability :rolf:

And I probably can't go through 3 full tanks in half a day on a buell. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Considering the worst gas mileage I've gotten on mine was 42mpg... You'd have to do nearly 400mi to run through 3 tanks.

R13

The other asshole
I think I ran about 250 that day... they gave me a time to bring it back by, didn't say anything about how far I could go with it :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I wasn't babying it :lol: I was down near the dragon where all the good backroads are, and I was thinking "Worse thing that could happen is I crash it, and buy myself a 5k Ducati that I crashed" so my riding style was probably making it worse than it normally is :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Probably only by a few mpg's... I've heard of Buell race bikes still getting in the upper 30s :rolf:

Guaranteed that an XB would handle those same roads better than the Duc though. That's kinda exactly what they were made for :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Probably... the 999 was the competitor for the giant pig ass RC :lol:

I like it though, it feels more my size. It's thin, but it feels bigger and long.

The stock windscreen is fucking useless though :lol: