Water/Condensation in Headlights

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
:cry:maybe im posting this in the wrong thread, but now that im at college my car sits outside 24/7...:cry: but with that it has not accumulated water in both headlights, and in the right tail light...any ideas? or am i stuck...

daf

^+1 I would also inspect for any cracks. A single one could fog up your entire light. Also, aftermarket lights are also very prone to this as well, are yours still OEM?
________
Cyprus Cooking

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
yeah mine are OEM.... well i really dont wanna have to crack them open because i dont know how to reseal them... any chance of finding a good cheap set anywhere? what if i pulled the light bulb out of the light itself and allowed air to circulate? think it would evaporate?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thats one possibility for the headlights...tail lights would need something different...probably a crack inspection of some sort

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
looks like you have a 96 front, you can do a 98+ conversion and say fuck the middle man

speedin

The Transporter
First inspect for cracks on both head and tail lights

If none are found its the lenses to back plastic seals themselves The RIGHT way to fix this is to set your oven to about 250*F and let them in there for like 10-15min then pull them apart and re seal.

Now there is another option, silicone. Pick up a big tube of black RTV silicone at home depot or lowes (the container that goes in the caulk gun). Now use that and seal all around the join where the lense meets the back plastic. Now for some extra insurance get some silica gel packets and stick them in the lights (if I remember right you cant get them in the rear lights, but the headlights have a area behind the projectors that arnt visible to the outside where a silica gel packet can sit.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
no i have a 98 ls. i just have that pic becuase it was the cleanist pic of a red integra. ok...i might have to wait till i just cant stand it any more...but ill probably try that.