Headlight Condensation issue

black integ

Hey, I have a 1995 Acura Integra LS. I recently replaced the headlights because they were old and full of condensation. I purchased new ones for about 270 with H7 headlights. They lasted for about a couple weeks and then slowly got worse about condensation. Now 2 months later they are just as bad as the others to the point where i can hardly see at night while i am driving. The bulbs are as bright as street legal can get so i know its not that. All The condensation seems to be on the inside. What i am wondering is if you can tell me whats causing it or how to fix it or if there are certain headlights i should buy that will get less condensation. Thanks

MattLaBonte

The gaskets on the headlights are probably bad. Only way I know of to fix this is take em out and seal em or since theyre only a few weeks exchange em for a new pair

mirrorimg

The gaskets on the headlights are probably bad. Only way I know of to fix this is take em out and seal em or since theyre only a few weeks exchange em for a new pair
^sounds right.
Headlights are not like the tail lights, there is no gasket. There is a bead of sealant that seals the headlight lens to the housing. It must be heated up to be pliable and then taken apart.

If they are from the dealership, which for $270 doesnt sound like they are, I would bring them in and try to get a refund/exchange as they are probably still within warranty.

If you want to do it yourself, do some searching for rubber butyl [Nissans OEM sealant] But im sure you can find some at the auto parts store. Use it to seal the lights instead of RTV silicone. The silicone will harden and can lose its seal where as the rubber butyl will remain pliable and retain its seal.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
Just reseal like mirrorimg says, some people drill holes in the housing(?) so water can drain out.