What ECU?

red.line

Well after doing some troubleshooting tonight, I think my ECU may have shit the bed.
So can anyone tell me what my best option would be to replace the P61 ECU in my DB2?
Should I just try and find another P61? I'm not exactly sure what my options are here, so any input is appreciated. :)

mirrorimg

Either find another p61, or get an OBD1 P72. I cant imagine there would be anything different enough to give you problems, except for maybe the pinout being different. Try to get yourself another P61 just to be safe, or go locate the pinouts and see if anything is different between the two.

red.line

Well a buddy of mine was saying that if I got an ecu from an obd1 b16 (like a pr3) that my engine would run too lean, and something like a p72 would cause it to run too rich.
But he said I could solve that by just getting an adjustable fpr.
I think it'd be safer to just get the ecu tuned for my car though if I get something other than a p61.
I did find a guy selling a p61 but he's asking too much imo so hopefully he comes down in price so I can avoid any unnecessary headache.

zenkiDC5

I have a p61 for sale.shoot me an offer if you need it..I see that you have a p61 for sale.I hope it isnt the one that "shit the bed" lol

red.line

No, turns out it wasn't my ECU after all, I need a new distributor housing.
I only wish I could have found someone local who would have just let me quickly swap in their ECU to confirm that instead of me having to wait nearly a month to get this one but oh well.