best engine for 91 gs

platinum13

what do you guys think i should drop in my 1991 integra gs so far i think i should go with a b16a1 but what do you guys think would be best for speed/sound

cboe90DA

a b20z block with a b16 head. what ever u do make it a b16 head easy to put in a gen2. plus ive had both a gsr and b16 vtec heads in mine and they were both fully built and the b16 was un breakable the gsr blew up!

platinum13

a b20z block with a b16 head. what ever u do make it a b16 head easy to put in a gen2. plus ive had both a gsr and b16 vtec heads in mine and they were both fully built and the b16 was un breakable the gsr blew up!
alright man cool thanks i also saw the b18c5 is a good engine but really hard to find so i might go with your choice after a little research thanks man

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
what do you guys think i should drop in my 1991 integra gs so far i think i should go with a b16a1 but what do you guys think would be best for speed/sound
Engine doesn't change sound, that would be your exhaust.... Please do a LOT of research "I heard the B18C5 is pretty good" no shat, it's the freakign TypeR motor which many consider the best B-series engine made. B20vtec is a solid setup if you build it right, look it up (and don't come back asking how to make it vtec, there is about 1000 threads asking that very question
your best options would be a gallo 24, but a gallo 12 would be fine.
:lol:

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Engine doesn't change sound, that would be your exhaust.... Please do a LOT of research "I heard the B18C5 is pretty good" no shat, it's the freakign TypeR motor which many consider the best B-series engine made. B20vtec is a solid setup if you build it right, look it up (and don't come back asking how to make it vtec, there is about 1000 threads asking that very question

:lol:
^^^This. All the Honda 4 bangers sound the same. Its really in the exhaust that gives more or less noise. Personally, I have a complete stock exhaust header back except for my muffer which is a greddy and it sounds really good (No fetus launcher here). If you want a engine that changes the sound your going to need a V6, V8 swap which will take alot of work. But, hey if you got the $$$$$ you can build anything :)

If you're going to go B20V you need to build the bottom end appropriately.
The GSR head is not inherently weaker than the B16 head. Something wrong was done to that head that caused it to fail, i.e. improper assembly, valve train that couldn't handle the stress, etc.

The correct answer to the question what is the best motor is more in depth than any of you have gotten. The first things that we need to know to answer that question are: What is your budget? Are you willing to do a swap that is not a direct bolt in? Do you want to stay N/A or go F/I? What is the purpose/use of this car? And again, What is your budget?
Once you answer those questions we can proceed to help you find the best engine you can afford.

Oh yeah, don't forget to pair a proper trans with that motor.

cboe90DA

If you're going to go B20V you need to build the bottom end appropriately.
The GSR head is not inherently weaker than the B16 head. Something wrong was done to that head that caused it to fail, i.e. improper assembly, valve train that couldn't handle the stress, etc.

The correct answer to the question what is the best motor is more in depth than any of you have gotten. The first things that we need to know to answer that question are: What is your budget? Are you willing to do a swap that is not a direct bolt in? Do you want to stay N/A or go F/I? What is the purpose/use of this car? And again, What is your budget?
Once you answer those questions we can proceed to help you find the best engine you can afford.

Oh yeah, don't forget to pair a proper trans with that motor.
true but the b16 head is much easier to run obd0 i think