motor mount inserts

lowANDslowDA9

I need new motor mounts in my da. I'm thinking about getTing some inserts. Was wondering if anyone has used them before and if they are worth it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
They stiffen up the car a bit, they are easy to install as long as you have a itr/ls manifold um what else. they are cheap. This all goes in the inference you are using the Energy ones for the back and the two torque mounds. The prothene inserts are dummy stiff

You shouldn't add mount inserts to broken mounts. I don't think inserts are available for the G2 chassis that replace the entire mount's rubber, they just fill in the gaps.

lowANDslowDA9

They stiffen up the car a bit, they are easy to install as long as you have a itr/ls manifold um what else. they are cheap. This all goes in the inference you are using the Energy ones for the back and the two torque mounds. The prothene inserts are dummy stiff
Yeah I was going to. I know it's a hell of alot cheaper than just buying one motor mount.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I just looked at the kit Dylan, it only fills the gaps that the OEM mounts have.

OP, you need a new mount if that is the case.
depends on the mount. The driver upper replaces the entire rubber. The upper tranny fills the gaps but its enough to where a ripped section becomes stronger. Those mounds are pretty damn stiff.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
that does the upper driver side maybe the rear and maybe the tranny. Your car will be dummy stiff...one of your upper mounts is bad i would probably find a new or used one...especially if its a street driven car.