Frankenstein Motor Q &A

Kumokosi-Kun

I just had a few questions regarding a current B20 VTEC build I'm in the progress of.

1. I heard ARP Head Studs are the best selection to use for Frankenstein builds, but is it okay to just use GSR bolts?

2. What's the average time a Frankenstein motor lasts if built wrong/right?

3. What's the best personal opinion on how to make it a Frankenstein run at top performance?

Thanks in advance for your inputs guys.

Kinta94

1. Your not supposed to reuse oem head bolts because when you torque them they stretch.
get ARP gsr head studs.

2. They will last as long as you build it right and dont push it very hard.

3. everyones going to tell you something different some say boost some say build it N/A its just up to you and your budget.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
you don't use head studs at all!!!! it doesn't even exist for your motor!!!!!!! tyler is a liar!!! use ARP "HEAD BOLTS", c'mon tyler, don't do the rookie moves, lol, we use head bolts not head studs!!!! ha ha ha I had to mess with you bud, don't even try to blame that on the pain killers, or I'll blame this on the alcohol ha ha ha

Kinta94

uhh what the hell are you talking about?

this is directly from ARP.
ARP 208-4303 Head stud kit for B18C1 Acura Integra DOHC VTEC as well as LS-VTEC builds. Cylinder Head Studs are the Pro Series with 12-Point Head, for use on Acura 1.8L, VTEC B18C1, GSR, B18C5, and LS-VTEC, kit includes studs which are 11mm diameter.

ARP 208-4303 HEAD STUD KITS

Dont make a rookie mistake and call me out on something I know. headbolts are a normal bolt studs have threads on both sides.

mjones73

you don't use head studs at all!!!! it doesn't even exist for your motor!!!!!!! tyler is a liar!!! use ARP "HEAD BOLTS", c'mon tyler, don't do the rookie moves, lol, we use head bolts not head studs!!!! ha ha ha I had to mess with you bud, don't even try to blame that on the pain killers, or I'll blame this on the alcohol ha ha ha
Lay off the alcohol then cause you're wrong.

mjones73

If you have a new set, sure. If you're re-using old ones, no.

Kinta94

NO DO NOT USE THE GSR HEAD GASKET its not the right size for the pistons because they are 84mm not 81mm only use the oem b20 headgasket