Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Even though I ride a Buell, not a "real" Harley, the owners have been nothing but nice. Whereas the sportbike douches have been just that, total douches.

R13

The other asshole
Whereas the sportbike douches have been just that, total douches.

In 3-10 years they'll be that 30-40 year old dude that's always telling people "Yeah I used to ride, but _____" Y'know the kind of guy you look at and go "Well you used to be cool, but wtf happened?" Then you realize they were never cool, they just tried real hard to be. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
In 3-10 years they'll be that 30-40 year old dude that's always telling people "Yeah I used to ride, but _____" Y'know the kind of guy you look at and go "Well you used to be cool, but wtf happened?" Then you realize they were never cool, they just tried real hard to be. :lol:

:lol:

One of the nicest people I've ever met is the guy I take my XB to for work. Runs a small garage on his own, but treats every bike like it was his and not just another job. Every time I go to pick up my bike, he thanks me for letting him work on it and compliments the bike.... This is a guy that's been working on HD's and Buells for over 30 years.

Pretty sure you won't get that kind of shit from any sportbike guys.

R13

The other asshole
Well I can tell you from experience that working on inline sportbikes is about as good as getting raw dogged with with an old dried out tree branch so you wouldn't even get that treatment from me :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
The F4 doesn't count.... It's a pain in the dick because you don't have money to blow on it :lol:

R13

The other asshole
It's a pain in the dick anyway :lol:

The cam chain tensioner that every F4 had a problem with sooner or later? Yeah the "easy" way to change that is to remove the tank, airbox, and throttle bodies. Then you have to tighten it by "feel" and hope when you reinstall all that shit that it's not too tight or too lose because it fucks with the way it runs.

You could of course put an oem auto adjusting one back in and eliminate that last bit, but it'll just go bad again in 1,000-5,000 miles... and it costs twice as much as the manual one.

R13

The other asshole
A broken piece of shit that was in my way for a broken piece of shit that's not in my way as much :lol:

R13

The other asshole
They already went from being 4K in 2015 to 6-7k by late 2016. I suspect this is the stage where rc51's in general reach the 8-9k mark, and a clean Nicky is worth 10-15k.

94RS

No fucks given.
They were 11k when new, not many were sold to the public (and the ones that were are mostly found in Europe now), and that only had 48 miles on it :lol:

It IS a real Harley though.